tribe-ea-record post type — ignore in sitemap.xml?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator tribe-ea-record post type — ignore in sitemap.xml?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kirby
    Participant

We are looking to make our sitemap files as helpful as possible for search engines, and I see that the Event Aggregator is adding a post type to our sites “tribe-ea-record”. Does this post type have any value to search engines or end users, or should we ignore it in the sitemaps we generate?

We are using the Yoast SEO plugin for our sitemaps, and I’m not seeing the post type appear in them at the moment, but there may be some backend processing we can optimize by explicitly ignoring that post type from the sitemap generation process.

Here is an example sitemap generated by Yoast SEO: https://go.umaine.edu/sitemap_index.xml

Barry

Hi Mike,

Great question!

There’s no particular reason to expose that in your sitemap. We’ll take a look and see if we can avoid it from being included automatically in future, but in the meantime if WordPress SEO offers a means for you to remove those entries, that would be a good call.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

We changed the tribe-ea-record post type so that it isn’t “public”.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-15-april-2018/

Please update the plugins and don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe-ea-record post type — ignore in sitemap.xml?’ is closed to new replies.