Translation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Translation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kalbynet
    Participant

Please see att. image. I can’t find where to translate below:

• This event is from NNN to NNN on NNN.
    • Select or Create

Is it possible to change to 24h, instead of 12h?

Geoff B.

Good evening Marie and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This event is from NNN to NNN on NNN.

The string you need to translate is “This event is from %%starttime%% to %%endtime%% on %%startdatewithyear%%.”

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.

The solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

Select or Create

The string you need to translate is Select or Create a %s”. Like the previous string, it shpld be packaged in our the Events Calendar language files.

If not, you might want to upgrade to the latest version of our plugins.

Is it possible to change to 24h, instead of 12h?

Absolutely. This is usually defined at the WordPress level.
    Take a look at your Settings > General in wp-admin.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

kalbynet
    Participant

1. I can’t find the string: “This event is from %%starttime%% to %%endtime%% on %%startdatewithyear%%.” in plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-sv_SE.po but now I found it in plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-en_GB.po
    How can I add that to my Swedish .po-file? I’m using the free version of Poedit.

2. Same thing here as above. The original “Select or Create a %s” is not to be found in the Swedish .po-file.

3. Please see

View post on imgur.com

I have already done that configuration. Anywhere else I need to change the settings for this?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by kalbynet.
    kalbynet
    Participant

Hi again

Via notepad I managed to edit the Swedish po-file. =)

But the time format with 12h remains. =(

kalbynet
    Participant

Hi again

Now I noticed it is right time format (24h) in backend but not by “Community slug”, how can I fix that?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by kalbynet.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Marie,

Thank you for writing back.

1. I can’t find the string: “This event is from %%starttime%% to %%endtime%% on %%startdatewithyear%%.” in plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-sv_SE.po but now I found it in plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\the-events-calendar-en_GB.po
    How can I add that to my Swedish .po-file? I’m using the free version of Poedit. 2. Same thing here as above. The original “Select or Create a %s” is not to be found in the Swedish .po-file.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

1. Open up the .pot file in /plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\ with Poedit and if there is any prompt, simply “Save” the file
    2. Open up your .po file and go to Catalog > Update from pot file.
    3. Save your po file and upload it in /plugins\the-events-calendar\lang\

OR

Simply download the latest version of our plugins (including the Events Calendar 4.5.0.2

I just verified and your .po file includes those strings.

OR

Add the strings with Notepad (as you did). However, this approach is not going to resist to updates.

You might be interested in reading the following articles:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/incomplete-translations/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/
    3. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar/
    4. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

Now I noticed it is right time format (24h) in backend but not by “Community slug”, how can I fix that?

The 24h hour time picker issue for Community Events is actually a glitch with some versions of Community Events.

At some point and after some tests, you might want to consider upgrading to the latest version of the plugin.

In the meantime, you could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/trishasalas/290b9d15bd9a92b81c5e5a9da6f0e5cc

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi,
    unfortunately the fix for datepicker is not perfectly, because the time is shown in am/pm – format the first time.
    Once you’ve reloaded the community form, the time is shown in 24h – format.
    And it seem to be very important to add the function at the bottom of the functions.php

See also here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/view-all-recurring-events-dont-list-the-events/page/2/

Cheers,
    Hans-Gerd

Geoff B.

Good evening Hans-Gerd,

Thank you for pitching in.

The fix for this is actually pending release.

Hang tight!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    thanks for information.
    Cheers,
    Hans-Gerd

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Hans-Gerd,

Stay tuned, it is now imminent 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff B.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Good evening Geoff,
    great – I’m very happy to hear that.
    Have a nice day

Cheers,
    Hans-Gerd

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Now the Community Events submission form should work with 24hrs format and 12hrs AM/PM format.

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation’ is closed to new replies.