Tooltip not displaying for imported events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Tooltip not displaying for imported events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

I noticed this when trying to reproduce a different error on our test site – on the month and week views, the event details tooltip doesn’t display for imported events when you hover over the event title.

This only affects imported events – events added on the site still display a tooltip. When I add a featured image to an imported event, the tooltip subsequently displays, but if I edit an imported event without adding a featured image, it doesn’t. And there’s one random imported, unedited event that does display a tooltip, so I’m at a loss…

(The debug log isn’t picking up anything, either)

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I did a quick check of our logged bug reports and don’t see anything resembling what you’ve described. Before I get to testing, would you mind confirming the issue still occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide?

Thank you for reaching out and have a wonderful Friday!
    Cheers 🙂

liblogger
    Participant

Yes, this happens even when only the Events Calendar and ECPro are enabled, with the WP default theme(s).

Hunter

Thank you for the confirmation!

Would you be able to share a copy of the .csv file you’re having issues with as a private reply? I’d be happy to try and replicate the issue to see if it’s on our end or yours. Either way, we’ll get it figured out 🙂

I look forward to your response and have an excellent weekend.
    Cheers!

liblogger
    Participant

I exported the events from our live site using WP’s built-in exporter, which produces an XML file, and used the WP importer plugin rather than the events calendar import feature, which I’ll freely admit I hadn’t taken in – so that may be the source of the error. The XML file includes attendee data, so I’m leery of sharing it – and as it’s not your own import feature that’s caused the problem, you may (understandably) not consider it part of your support remit. Let me know if you’re still able to look into it – otherwise I’m happy to let it stand, as we’re not like to have to bulk import events onto our live site.

(I might raise a feature request for a CSV export facility, if there isn’t one already – the CSV import is fine for importing from a different system, but not, as it stands, from another WP site…)

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I completely understand your hesitation on sharing the XML file seeing it contains sensitive information, though without the ability to try and recreate the issue impedes the level of support I can provide here. Can you send over a file without the sensitive information? If so, I’d be happy to take a look to see if there is in fact a bug somewhere in our plugin(s). Let me know if that’s doable and we’ll go from there.

Regarding feature requests, your voice can be heard on our UserVoice Feature Ideas page! Thanks for being so patient while we continue investigating and have a great rest of your Monday!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Tooltip not displaying for imported events’ is closed to new replies.