Too many attendees is leading to memory and execution time issues

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Too many attendees is leading to memory and execution time issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dreamhack
    Participant

We currently have an event with over 11000 attendees, and can no longer edit nor view the attendee list due to excessive memory usage and maximum execution times being exceeded. There were no limitations specified when we purchased the plugin, and it is now frustrating as we want to release a new type of ticket but can’t even edit the event to do that.

It seems that for capacity and stock values, the plugin runs queries for all individual tickets? Since such info is available in WooCommerce anyway (e.g. stock on the product page), is there a quick fix where we could disable these values to just see the list of attendees and be able to edit the event until you fix this usse?

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/maximum-execution-time-exceeded/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Markus!

Thanks for reaching out about this topic. I’d be happy to help you with it.

There is indeed no limitation in the number of attendees an event can have. It is only limited by the amount of resources your hosting environment has.

I’ve just reviewed the report and the performance issue on the attendee list is something still to be reviewed by a developer. I will link this thread to the report, so we can notify you once a developer is able to address it in a future maintenance release cycles.

We have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, I’d recommend you implement a caching system: Caching: What, when and how.

I have been able to significantly reduce the number of queries for the attendees page by using a Persistent Cache Plugin, so I’d recommend you take a look at the difference options available.

we want to release a new type of ticket but can’t even edit the event to do that.

This could be a different issue. Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out which includes a fix for this issue.
    Find out more about it → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-april-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Too many attendees is leading to memory and execution time issues’ is closed to new replies.