To begin using The Events Calendar: Community Events Tickets, please install …

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO To begin using The Events Calendar: Community Events Tickets, please install …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jaques
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tried to find the solution to this for a while now and have waded through the forums without an answer, so would appreciate some direct assistance. It’s not site-disablingly urgent but I would like to solve it.

There is a permanent message in the WP dashboard that reads:

To begin using The Events Calendar: Community Events Tickets, please install and activate the latest versions of Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, The Events Calendar, Community Events, and WooCommerce.

I’ve done all the suggested uninstall, reinstalls etc and all the plugins are the latest versions.

I’ve even contacted my web developer who has put me on to you guys.

Thanks for your help.

Please note I work 2 days a week, so if you reply tonight (in your working hours I’ll be asleep!) I may not be able to reply until next week ?

Kate

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Kate!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the plugin notifications. I will try to help you get this sorted.

For me that message disappears as soon as I activate all of those plugins. Are you using WooCommerce to process your ticket payments, or another method?

Thanks,
    Sky

Jaques
    Participant

HellO! Thanks for the quick reply – yes we are using Woocommerce.

Kate

Sky
    Keymaster

Kate,

Ok, thanks. Could you share your system information with me?

Thanks,
    Sky

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing that. It looks like you’ve got all the plugins installed, and then some.

If you disable all plugins, and then just enable the plugins in that list, do you still see the message? What if you do that while also having the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled? If you do not have a staging site, you can generate one quickly with the WP Staging plugin to do testing like this.

Also, I see that you have the WP Cron control plugin. Is this being used to prevent crons from running on the site in any way?

Let me know if any of that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Jaques
    Participant

All plugins but those mentioned in the error message have been deactivated and the theme has been changed to the 2017 theme but the error message is still there. The only time I see the error message disappear is when I deactivate the Community Events Tickets Plugin.

I have been able to get my web development team to set up a staging site for further testing the only slight issue with this is that any premium plugins (Event ticket plus & Community events) show the license key out of installs warning.

Kate

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Kate,

Thank you for the additional information. You can ignore the out of installs warning on your staging site. You will just need to update the plugins manually, but it won’t stop them from working.

Other than the notification, is the plugin working properly? Users are able to successfully purchase tickets?

Can you try installing a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/ and delete all of your site transients to see if this makes the notification go away?

Thanks,
    Sky

Jaques
    Participant

Thanks for reply.

I installed the plugin you suggested on the staging site but even with Transients removed the error message remains. Would it help if you had access to the staging site to troubleshoot?

When adding normal events tickets can be added to them and bought but it’s community tickets that can’t be bought or added.

Kate

Sky
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again!

Thanks for providing that information.

I took a look, and the plugin was a few versions behind. I updated the plugin and the message went away.

For future reference, I would make sure that all of the plugins are up to date if you are experiencing an issue. I don’t always see updates in my dashboard, so I like to check the downloads page in my account now and then.

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.
    Sky

Jaques
    Participant

Thank you

I hadn’t thought to check version of plugin as i’m used to seeing a notification saying when one is due an update. Updated on live site now and the error message has gone and I can see the tickets option when submitting a community event.

Thanks for the help

Kate

Sky
    Keymaster

Awesome! Glad that fixed everything on your end.

Take care,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘To begin using The Events Calendar: Community Events Tickets, please install …’ is closed to new replies.