Titles ends with (…)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Titles ends with (…)

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tonaas.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tonaas
    Participant

Every title ends with (…) when i import events with the Aggregator. Is there a way to avoid this during import?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Torbjörn!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

First, could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

Also, could you please share with us the file or URL, in a private reply if you’d like, where you are importing events from? We’ll run some tests on our end and see what we can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

tonaas
    Participant

webcal://cal.svenskalag.se/22416

There is no errors in the aggregator. Importing to Google Calendar creates identical titles with (…) in the end.
    I´m hoping for a fix to cut this (…) during or after import.
    / T

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Torbjörn!

Thanks for coming back with the URL.

It seems the titles are all coming with the ‘(…)’ from the source itself, so Event Aggregator is not modifying anything when importing.

If you have access to the calendar feed settings, I’d suggest to try seeing if there’s an option to modify how the titles are being generated and possibly remove the (…)

If that’s not an option, you could create some custom code to filter the titles upon import and remove the string (…).

We are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that. But, I’d suggest taking a look at the tribe_aggregator_before_save_event and tribe_aggregator_before_update_event filters available at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Records.php

I hope that helps.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Titles ends with (…)’ is closed to new replies.