Title of events appearing in list/calendar as header

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Title of events appearing in list/calendar as header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lance
    Participant

I am wondering what the latest approach is to the following problem: In both my list and calendar displays, the tile of an individual event (generally the first) is appearing as the page header. See:

http://centerforworldmusic.org/events/

I’m using the theme “Enfold” by Kriesi.

Geoff

Hi there, Lance!

I believe this crops up because Enfold uses a custom function to output the page title. I did find this thread over in the Kriesi forums where that issue was resolved with a snippet. I’d give that a shot to see if it does the trick in this case as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Lance
    Participant

Thanks, Geoff. That code snippet is for the Kriesi.at Replete theme. I can’t figure out how to enter it in the Enfold theme. I have left a query on the Kriesi.at Enfold forum.

Curiously, there was a banner ad at the top of the topic I started advertising The Events Calendar Pro as “Fully compatible with the Enfold theme by Kriesi.at.” I’m waiting to see about that . . .

Geoff

Ah, sorry for linking to the wrong theme there–nice catch!

Definitely keep me posted on the reply there. I know there have been some conflicts reported in the past with The Events Calendar and Enfold, but I’m curious what theme function is returning the repeated page title.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Lance
    Participant

So far, I have no response from Kriesi.at. Further frantic searching revels that this is a long-standing problem, going back to TEC v. 2.0. I’d really appreciate some real help on this, given that you are advertising TEC Pro as “fully compatible with the Enfold Theme by Kriesi.at”

Is this a solution?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/calendar-page-shows-event-title/

Geoff

Hi there, Lance!

Sorry, I wasn’t aware that we were making that claim anywhere–will you link me to where that is by chance so I can refer to it? I know that we had done testing with Endold in version 2 of The Events Calendar, but haven’t done so since version 3. That makes me wonder where the claim is being made and if that needs to be removed.

Enfold <span class=”s1″>ships with various custom templates and custom functions targeting our plugin, so it would be best to go back to the theme author if problems are cropping up rather than risk jeopardizing some of the nice stuff they’ve put in place.</span>

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but hopefully the fine folds over at Kreisi will be able to help shed some light here.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Lance
    Participant

Here’s a screen capture of a banner ad that appears randomly, with two others, at the top of topics in the Enfold forums:

Banner Ad on Kriesi.at Enfold Forum

Geoff

Thanks, Lance! I’m going to reach out to Kreisi to make sure that image is pulled out of the rotation. I’m not sure if we made it but, either way, it’s very outdated.

I’ve brought it up with other developers on the team here and we’re not aware of any solutions for fixing the page title that would come on our end. I’m still hopeful and confident that Kreisi will be the most knowledgable to get it done correctly.

I’d imagine there are custom templates in a subdirectory of the theme folder called tribe-events. If you wanted to, you could locate the corresponding custom template where the event title is being duplicated as the page title and remove that directly from the template. We do have a Themer’s Guide available if you’d like a reference to see what templates are available and how they are used.

Thanks again!

Geoff

Lance
    Participant

OK, it seems we have a fix, and a fairly simple one at that. Josue at Kriesi.at entered some code in my Code Snippets plugin that did the job. See:

http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/the-events-calendar-pro-title-page-problem-w-enfold/#post-448556

The “fine folks over at Kreisi” came trough. Thanks to them, and to you, Geoff.

Geoff

Fantastic! I’m so glad to hear that and thanks so much for linking over to the solution–that helps for future reference for sure.

Thanks again and please feel free to reach back out if anything else pops up. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Title of events appearing in list/calendar as header’ is closed to new replies.