title of calendar is first event entry?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO title of calendar is first event entry?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jonah
    Participant

Hi Josh, so you have the “Default Events Template” selected?

Josh

Yes sir. Though the default template does display the proper title, it does not have proper margins on the individual event pages or on the calendar itself. The individual event page shows no margin at all on the left side of the browser, thus rendering that template unreadable.

I reverted back to my theme’s full-width (no sidebar) template for the calendar in the mean time, and am just dealing with the improper title display.

I understand this isn’t your fault that a given theme doesn’t play nice with this plugin, but it is a bit frustrating for me to pay for a premium plugin that I can’t get working 100%.

BTW…Thanks for helping out Jonah. 🙂

Rob

Hey Josh. Thanks for the feedback. To speak to your point about the premium plugin and not working 100%: we totally understand your position here. While it’s obviously impossible to get a plugin to integrate seamlessly with every combination of themes and plugins that exist out there, we try to do what we can to help integration issues such as this one when they arise. The templating structure will change enough in 2.1 that this will be a non-issue but until then we will try and help you out.

Let’s see if Jonah has any other suggestions after your last note here.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Josh,

No problem, hope we can get this figured out. If you’re using the Default Page Template for the events setting, you should be able to go into your page.php template and modify where the_title() appears there. If it’s not in page.php, take a look in header.php because that’s probably where it is. You’ll want to use conditional code to affect what title is displayed on the events pages. Something like this:

if ( tribe_is_month() ) { //set title on grid view

} else if ( tribe_is_event() && !tribe_is_day() && !is_single() ) { //set title on list view

} else if ( is_singular() ) {

} else {

}

I hope that helps!

Josh

I’m sorry, I don’t think I communicated that properly in my last post.

When I use the default page template, the header is perfect. However, I cannot use the default template because of the terrible formatting of the content (Calendar is full browser width at all times, event single page has no left margin- rendering it unreadable) so I’ve switched back to the “full-width” (no sidebar) template that is with my theme. This is formatted the way I like, but the title is the problem.

I can try your last post using my “full-width” template, and see if It helps.

Josh

Bah. I just realized that my usage of the title “full-width” might be confusing too. Basically my “full-width” template sits nicely within the main 900 px width of the main content, and not the full browser width.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Josh. Makes sense to me. We’ll see if we can point you a bit further down the right path today when Jonah hits the forums.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Josh, so if you’re using this full-width template you’ll need to find out where the file for that is in your theme and find the spot where the title is output and utilize the code I posted above to customize it in that template.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘title of calendar is first event entry?’ is closed to new replies.