title of calendar is first event entry?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO title of calendar is first event entry?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    siouxsie
    Participant

http://www.sfxavier.org/wordpress/events
    I guess I can hard code it to always be “Events Calendar: {month}
    I’m not sure why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Suzanne. Thanks for the note here. We’ve had a few reports along these lines but usually they were either related to a previous build or a specific theme. Can you confirm that you’re running 2.0.3 for both The Events Calendar AND Events Calendar PRO, and the name of your theme?

Thanks in advance. I can try to troubleshoot this with you from there.

Josh

I’m having this same issue and can’t seem to rectify it. I’ve turned off all of my plugins and nothing seemed to change it. It obviously is a theme issue. I’m using U-Design

(by “Andon” http://themeforest.net/user/internq7/portfolio?ref=internq7) theme available via Themeforest.

If this is not going to play nice with my theme, could you point me in the way that I could go about just hard coding a generic Title in place?

Thanks.

Josh

Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention, I am running 2.0.3 and the latest WP update 3.3.1

Rob

Sure thing…thanks, Josh. Let me see if our dev Jonah can offer up a solution on how to hardcode a generic title here. You’ve tried the before/after HTML fields for the plugin settings right?

Josh

Well, I didn’t think about doing that because I’m having difficulty getting the Event titles to not display on the calendar/gridview at the moment.

Thanks for the quick response. Love the plugin so far.

siouxsie
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    I am using a custom theme I created based off of 2010 then upgraded with 2011 features.
    I have not upgraded to WP3.3.1 yet for this site.
    And I have both the ECP and TEC Version 2.0.3.
    Hope this helps.

siouxsie
    Participant

oh I am at WP version 3.3

siouxsie
    Participant

Also I did move my customized files from my old build to this one, css & page/grid tweaks – could that be it?

Josh

Suzanne, mine was doing the same thing regardless of whether using template overrides or the defaults. And I’m pretty sure it’s just a theme thing with mine, because if I change it to the default events view template, the title is kosher. But I can’t use that template because the size is all jacked compared to the rest of my theme.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi all, it’s going to vary depending on your theme and you’ll either want to filter the post/page title function if your theme uses one like so (this is for Genesis) – paste into functions.php:

/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Modify Titles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    add_filter('genesis_post_title_text', 'custom_do_post_title');
    function custom_do_post_title() {

$title = get_the_title();

if ( strlen( $title ) == 0 )
    return;

if(tribe_is_month() && is_tax()) { //Calendar Category Page
    $title = 'Events Calendar' . ' » ' . single_term_title('', false);
    } elseif(tribe_is_month()) { //Calendar Page
    $title = 'Events Calendar';
    } elseif(tribe_is_event() && !tribe_is_day() && !is_single() && !is_search()) { //Events List Page
    $title = 'Events List';
    } else { //Everything Else
    $title = get_the_title();
    }

return $title;

}

Or go into page.php and find where the_title() is called and use something like this instead: http://pastebin.com/tLMqNi5b

siouxsie
    Participant

Ok so it is my page template in WP – when I use the Default Events one it is fine.
    So Solved for me. 😉
    Thanks Guys

Josh

I’ll give that a shot and let you know. Thanks!

Rob

Suzanne: awesome to hear this did the trick.

Josh: let us know what you turn up.

Josh

no dice. The first set of code didn’t work, and there’s no function call for the_title() in my theme’s page.php file.

The “default template” displays it properly. However, I don’t like that it stretches the calendar to the edges of the browser. What’s the best way to just go about changing the margins/behavior on that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘title of calendar is first event entry?’ is closed to new replies.