time/date/venue/organizer issue since last update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO time/date/venue/organizer issue since last update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vosjcc
    Participant

Hi,

The event editor seems to have broken since the last update. Specifically, the date picker no longer pops up, the time has switched to 24-hour, and the venue and organizer selections no longer appear. I haven’t made any significant changes to the site since updating the Events Calendar, Calendar PRO, and Community Events plugins. I’ve also tried deactivating other plugins but the issue is still occuring.

Laura

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/time-date-issues-after-last-update/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Laura,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry you are experiencing this issue after the update.

To be able to troubleshoot this issue I would kindly like to ask you to go through our conflict testing guide and see if that uncovers something.

I’ll be here waiting for the results to get this sorted out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

vosjcc
    Participant

Just a follow-up:

We have another website that uses the Events Calendar and Calendar PRO plugins (but NOT the Community Events plugin) and it’s working perfectly. Is there a chance that the Community Events update has caused a problem?

Laura

vosjcc
    Participant

Hi Andras, thank you for replying. I’ve just run through the conflict test process but the problem remains, even when using the Twenty Seventeen and Sixteen themes will all other plugins deactivated. I’ve also tried using just the Events Calendar plugin with the PRO and Community Events plugins deactivated as well, but I’m still having the same issue. I’ve since reactivated my theme and all plugins. Hopefully there’s an easy fix for this, I do see others are experiencing the same problem.

Laura

vosjcc
    Participant

Andras,

I’ve just compared browser console information between this site and our other site that is working fine. When I select the Events tab in the site with issues, I’m seeing the “bumpdown” error attached below. When I select Add New Event, I’m seeing the “timepicker” error. Neither of these errors appears in the other site. I hope this helps.

Laura

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by vosjcc. Reason: clarification of image details
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and the results of your testing.

These errors usually come up when there is a plugin or theme conflict.

Are you also getting the console errors when you are using a default theme and only the calendar plugins?

I have just took a look at your community event page and didn’t see any errors on page load.

http://jewishphoenix.wpengine.com/events/community/add

Is this the page where you are experiencing the issue?

Andras

vosjcc
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Yes, the console errors are happening using the Twentyseventeen theme with all plugins deactivated except for The Events Calendar. The errors occur in the backend, when I select Events in the left sidebar and again when I select Add New. Going in from the front end with the link you provided doesn’t show any errors.

Laura

Andras
    Keymaster

Laura, thanks a lot for checking this. I will need some time to investigate the issue.

I’ll come back to you when I find anything or if I need some more info.

Please hang in there.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

vosjcc
    Participant

Great, thank you.

Laura

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

Could you please try the following:

• deactivate The Events Calendar (TEC)
    • delete TEC
    • install TEC again and activate it
    • check if the issue still exists

Your data will be preserved, nothing will be lost. Nonetheless it is recommended to do a backup before.

Does this fix it or you still get the issue after reinstall?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

vosjcc
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I deactivated and then deleted TEC, TEC PRO, and the Community Events plugins, then reinstalled and reactivated just TEC and the issue is still happening.

Laura

k24small
    Participant

Laura,

I have been following this thread because I have had the same issue. I am seeing that many others are experiencing the same.

I was curious to know if you have a SSL on your site like I do because I have tested on my staging site with no encryption and the issue is gone. Go back to SSL and the issue is back.

Kris

vosjcc
    Participant

Kris,

The site is in development and isn’t using SSL.

Laura

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Kris, thanks for chiming in an sharing your experience!

Hi Laura!

What we have identified so far is that the issue comes up when you have WordPress Address non SSL + Site Address SSL: http://p.tri.be/YcAsQj/1bniqtnn

(There might be other cases as well.)

This will be fixed with the next maintenance release. Until then the workaround is to downgrade to The Events Calendar 4.5.9

or to have both Home and Site URL use the same protocol (http or https both).

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

vosjcc
    Participant

Andras,

Both of our site’s WP URLs are non-SSL. I’ve since reinstalled the plugins using the previous version of TEC. Looking forward to the update. Thank you for all your help.

Laura

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘time/date/venue/organizer issue since last update’ is closed to new replies.