Time incorrect

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Time incorrect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roger Bayramian
    Participant

Hello,

I just bought the iCal importer and installed on my site. I am using it with Google calendar. The times showing on my website are all off by 7 hours. Is there a setting that I’m missing somewhere?

Thanks,

Roger

Nico

Howdy Roger,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you here 🙂

Can you please check the Google Calendar timezone? Also review the timezone set in your WordPress install (WP-Admin > Settings > General > Timezone) and finally your event timezone settings in WP-Admin > Events > Settings > General > Timezone Settings. Once you have all settings in place, try importing a sample event or a small ics to test if it works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Roger Bayramian
    Participant

Thank you for the help. I made the changes you stated and I did have a wrong time zone. I deleted all my events and tried to do a fresh install and now I get an error. Here is the message:

708 events were found and 0 events were created or updated.

Do you know why it’s not creating the events?

Thanks

Nico

You are welcome Roger, thanks for following up!

When you delete an imported event, the importer saves a ‘note’ to prevent this event to be re-imported in the future. Deleting the “deleted events notes” (deleted_events post tyoe) should let you re-import the deleted events.

One way of doing this is by using the Bulk Delete plugin. If you delete everything with the Custom Post Type “deleted_event” it should erase any memory your site has of past imported then deleted events.

If for some reason you want to avoid this behaviour in the future let me know and I can provide a snippet to prevent this.

Please let me know if that works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Roger Bayramian
    Participant

Nico,

I downloaded and installed the plugin but in order to delete a custom post type, they require that I buy a license for $30. Is there another way of manually deleting this?

Thanks,

Roger

Nico

Sorry Roger, I wasn’t aware of this limitation! You can use the snippets in this reply: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ical-importer-3/#dl_post-1063129

Hope that works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Time incorrect’ is closed to new replies.