iCal Importer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator iCal Importer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kanawebadmin
    Participant

Site is now http://dev.kodiakhealthcare.org

iCal Links:

https://owa.kodiakhealthcare.org/owa/calendar/[email protected]/Health_Calendar/calendar.ics

https://owa.kodiakhealthcare.org/owa/calendar/[email protected]/Community_Calendar(1)/calendar.ics

Hello,

I have had very little success importing events from the above iCal links into the Events Calendar PRO.

Thank You

Geoff

Hi Robert and welcome to the forums!

Can you elaborate on the issue a bit? I tried importing the .ics files you provided into my own site and was able to pull in events successfully.

If you could let me know how you’re importing the events, that would be super helpful.

Also, will you please head to Events > Settings > Help, copy the system information at the bottom of the screen, and paste it here as a private reply? That will help me check your settings to see if anything strange is happening there.

Thanks!
    Geoff

kanawebadmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

kanawebadmin
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I’ve been using Events => Events Import => iCal Tab. One-Time Import => iCal URL {links provided above}. Refine results fields left at defaults.

Thanks

kanawebadmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by kanawebadmin.
    Geoff

Hi Robert–hope you had a great weekend!

Hmm, the import seems to be working when I follow those steps (screencast).

I don’t see anything in the system information that sticks its head out as problematic.

As a next step, will you please follow the steps outlined in this article and let me know if you notice any difference when the site is in default conditions? This will help us determine if any conflicts preventing the importer from working properly.

Thanks!
    Geoff

kanawebadmin
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I followed the steps in the “Testing for conflicts” article but still had the same results. New appointments had been added to the calendar, however, and those do show up in the one-time import. The older events that I am trying to import were previously imported and then deleted. Can events only be imported one time? How could I enable importing these events again?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Robert,

iCal importer stores a “note” on imported events so that deleted events are not re-imported (as this would be the desired behavior for most cases and for automatic imports as well).

Add this snippet to your theme functions.php file. It will remove those saved noted. Re-load the Import page (it will run once per page-load) until the message “Done Deleting” is shown, and then remove the snippet:

/* Deletes 50 posts per page load*/
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'numberposts' => 50, 'post_type' =>'deleted_event') );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    } else {
    echo 'Done deleting!';
    }

To prevent “deleted events notes” from being created in the future, add this other snippet to your functions.php file:

/*
    * Prevents iCal importer from saving a copy of "deleted" events
    */
    function tribe_ical_dont_save_deleted () {
    $ical_importer = Tribe__Events__Ical_Importer__Main::instance();
    remove_action( 'before_delete_post', array( $ical_importer, 'deletedEventSave' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_loaded', 'tribe_ical_dont_save_deleted' );

Please let me know if you get the events to show again after using the snippets.

Cheers!
    Geoff

kanawebadmin
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

For some reason I was unable to get the first snippet to remove deleted events. I did backup the DB and then deleted posts with post_type = ‘deleted_events’ from phpMyAdmin. I can now re-import the events. I apologize for the initial confusion over the issue. I also tested the second code snippet, and it did have the desired effect. This may be useful for wiping/re-importing while we are still in the development stage and trying to establish conventions for subjects, locations, venues, descriptions, etc. Thank you so much for your help with this! I am very impressed with the support I have received.

Thank You!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by kanawebadmin.
    Geoff

My pleasure–happy to be of service! Thanks for the kind words and do feel free to hit us with a new thread if any other questions pop up. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘iCal Importer’ is closed to new replies.