Time / Date Issues after last update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Time / Date Issues after last update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    carcal1
    Participant

Hello,
    After today’s update, i noticed that:

1. Date picker and time are not drop-downs.

2. Time has switched to 24-hour format.

3. Venue Does not show

4. Organizer does not show.

Please advise if this is a known issue and how to fix
    Thank you,
    C

Andras
    Keymaster

Welcome back C,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I’m sorry you are experiencing issues with the user interface.

I guess you are having these issues when you try to create a new event or edit an old event.

The date picker should pop up a calendar showing you 2-3 months at a time so that you can easily pick a date. Should look like this. If this is not the case for you, then there might be some conflict with a plugin or the theme you are using. More on this below.

The format of the time picker depends on your settings under the WordPress Settings > General > Time format. The time picker will take over the format that is set up there. Try changing the setting and see if it has an influence. If not, then again, might be some conflict.

As for the venue and the organizer not showing, that is weird. Could you please send me a screenshot?

Please go through our conflict testing guide and see if that brings anything to the surface.

Looking forward to helping you solve this frustrating issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

carcal1
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    These issues just started after the last update.
    I have never seen these issues before so I’m assuming it’s something to do with the update.

Note that it happens when I both add events from the back end as well as guests adding events via community events.

In other words, since it is giving me these date picker issues in the WordPress control panel when I try and add an event I’m assuming it does not have to do with a plugin conflict.

Note, I had to revert back to the previous version so my pages would work properly.

Please advise on how to fix.

Thanks,
    C

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi C,

It might have something to do with the update, absolutely. It also can happen that another plugin or the theme gets into conflict with the updated versions.

I did some further tests on two test sites of mine with a default theme and the calendar plugins and so far I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue.

Downgrading / going back to a previous version is definitely a good workaround until this gets fixed.

It would be great if you could set up a test site where you can reproduce the issue with the latest plugins. This would allow us to further dig into the issue and find the source of it. Can you do that?

Andras

carcal1
    Participant

This reply is private.

carcal1
    Participant

HI,
    It looks like I can’t get my Staging site to work because i need to purchase another “Community Events” license.
    What is the best / least expensive way to do this?

Thank you,
    Cary

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Cary,

Thanks for setting up a staging site. That will be great help.

You don’t have to purchase another copy of the plugin.

You can do to two things:

1. Manually download Community Events from your downloads page

2. Move you license key. For this these 2 articles will be helpful:

Andras

carcal1
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    Unfortunately, none of these domain extensions are available to me.
    Also, my site is too large to move to my local computer.

What other alternatives do i have?
    If I have to purchase another license what is the least expensive way to go. Keep I mind that i have community events license.

Thanks,
    C

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Least expensive is simply to download it from your account and install / upload it on your staging site manually. The license key is not needed for the functionality.

What we have identified so far is that the issue comes up when you have WordPress Address non SSL + Site Address SSL: http://p.tri.be/YcAsQj/1bniqtnn

(There might be other cases as well.)

This will be fixed with the next maintenance release. Until then the workaround is to downgrade to The Events Calendar 4.5.9

or to have both Home and Site URL the same protocol (http or https both).

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

carcal1
    Participant

Thank you!
    When do u think the maintenance release will b available?

C

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a hotfix has been released to address this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/hotfix-the-events-calendar-4-5-10-1/

Please update The Events Calendar to version 4.5.10.1 and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Time / Date Issues after last update’ is closed to new replies.