Tickets with variations / alsio, solution to attaching tickets to events?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets with variations / alsio, solution to attaching tickets to events?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sheree Zizik
    Participant

So I have read several of the posts and have learned that you cannot create tickets in woocommerce and connect them to the event calendar, you can only create them in the calendar then edit them in woocommerce.

It also appears that if you have then gone on to edit that product into a variable product you cannot select the variants when adding the ticket to your cart – or am I doing something wrong. Please say that’s the case.

We run the same tickets over and over for different event dates. We also have two different ticket kinds, adult and child. If we can’t use the variations option, how on earth are we going to manage the quantity sold at the product level?

Help! And thanks 🙂

Sheree Zizik
    Participant

Also, I have the woocommerce add-on “product add ons” I need customers to fill in at least a text box with some required extra info given there is no add-on that is ready yet that allows people to add data per ticket. the add-on field is not showing up on the event field. What is the point of the ticketing add-on to woocommerce if all the woocommerce features and add-ons don’t come through? Might as well just leave it as a normal woocommerce shop.

Thanks for any insight you can lend.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for trying out WooCommerce Tickets.

As you said tickets are designed to be created and manged through events and not through the products section. And the difference between using a regular product is the attendees list and tickets that can be emailed, plus the ability to manage all the tickets per event and not per product.

Unfortunately, variations are not supported. They maybe a way to get it to work, but that is beyond the support we can provide.

Right now there is no way to have a group quantity it is done per ticket. We do have a more advanced ticketing system coming out and hope to have a beta soon if you are interested please email us at [email protected].

The beta will also support extra fields to add data per ticket.

If the plugin does not do what you are looking to do right now please you can always ask for a refund following our policy.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Sheree Zizik
    Participant

I saw in the other thread that you are coming out with a beta in the future that will allow people, but I thought I could use the product add-on extension so that when people are checking out I can at least try to capture the information there. Woocommerce has been great historically and I know it keeps getting better so I can wait for that part.

In the meanwhile, I feel like my ticket add-on is not talking to woocommerce correctly. Where do I see the attendees list? is that under events or woocommerce orders?

Sheree Zizik
    Participant

ok, i clearly need glasses i found it.

I do have one more question because I don’t want to buy another version and find it to be something less. if i upgrade to the calendar pro, when i print the attendees list, will it allow me to see the custom fields you can create? I see an example where the attended can select a meal type – in my case I simply need the attendee’s name – if I create a field for that, will it show up on the attendee roster.

The reason I am asking so many questions as that we are creating a site for a small cruise ship and the coast guard requires a list of attendees. The current attendees list will print out the person’s name who ordered the tickets 4 times, say if he bought 4 tickets. If i can have the list print with that custom field, I might have found a workaround for all of the things we need until new versions come out.

Thanks for your help!

Lauren

Brian
    Keymaster

Glad you found it.

If you upgrade to Pro the additional fields do not show in the attendees list.

We have a feature in the beta that will enable you to add the custom fields, but currently do not support that feature.

Thanks

Sheree Zizik
    Participant

So my client is insistent on having the other attendee’s names, so I was looking at Eventbrite and they have a feature that allows for fields per attendee…

Would the Eventbrite add-on for Events Calendar work in this case? If so, can I transfer my purchase from the wootickets to the eventbrite tickets?

Brian
    Keymaster

The Eventbrite Add On does have a more robust registration feature and the plugin redirects you to their site to purchase a ticket and fill in all the information.

We cannot transfer licenses, but can offer you a refund on WooCommerce Tickets and you can then purchase EventBrite.

To request a refund please follow our policy outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

And we can take care of it. Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets with variations / alsio, solution to attaching tickets to events?’ is closed to new replies.