Tickets not being emailed…

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets not being emailed…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hello Folks, I do like woo tickets. I get an email that says someone has placed an order. I set it to completed. I get that email. Then I set it to ticketed and nothing happens. It doesn’t send an email with the ticket… I searched the forums but was not able to find any real solution. Can you give me hand? Thank you. Simon

Geoff

Hi there, Simon! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you’re having some trouble with tickets being emailed out. Let’s see if we can figure this one out here together. 🙂

I tried replicating the issue myself and everything seemed to work. I created a new event, made a ticket for that event, then purchased the ticket as a guest. On the merchant side, I received an email notification that an order was made. Then, I set the order to Completed in WooCommerce.

On the customer side, I received three emails: one for the order notification, one for order completion and another for the ticket.

Is it possible that the customer who is reporting the issue is receiving the ticket in spam? Or is this widely reported and you were able to verify it yourself?

Another possibility is that there may be a conflict at play. Does the problem still occur if you disable all other plugins (except The Events Calendar, WooCommerce Tickets and WooCommerce) and while using a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fourteen)? Please give the steps outlined here a try and let me know what you find.

Let’s start there and see where that takes us before we move any further. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Simon
    Participant

Geoff,

Thank you for replying over the holiday. It seems that I am the only one who doesn’t get the final email with tickets. Others do. I read in a thread that can have to do with my server not wanting to send mail to itself but thought that was not the case here because I was receiving the first two emails. Anyway that part seems resolved.

However, the customer gets an order # and ticket # that off by 1. So order 5678 and ticket 5679. Is that a known issue or an issue at all?

Also, do you no longer send out a .pdf version of the ticket? It seems like just a printable email. Am I mistaken?

Finally, since I have you here, how can I edit the ticket email or let them know to print it and bring it with them…

Again, thank you for your help over the holidays.

Simon

Geoff

Hi Simon, thanks for following up!

Yes, the email issue can definitely pop up when the server doesn’t want to send emails to itself. That’s actually a pretty common thing, though you can use a third party plugin (not tested) to address that.

However, the customer gets an order # and ticket # that off by 1. So order 5678 and ticket 5679. Is that a known issue or an issue at all?

That’s expected behavior, though I know that seems confusing. Order numbers and ticket numbers are really just underlying Post IDs, so they are unique and may be the same, one off, or completely off from each other.

Also, do you no longer send out a .pdf version of the ticket? It seems like just a printable email. Am I mistaken?

You’re correct, it is a printable email and there is no PDF attachment. We phased PDFs out some time ago in favor for more printable emails instead.

Finally, since I have you here, how can I edit the ticket email or let them know to print it and bring it with them…

Good question! You can override the ticket template like other calendar templates. You can find these steps in our Themer’s Guide. In general, you will:

• Make a copy of the email.php file (located in /plugins/the-events-calendar/view/tickets/email.php)
    • Create a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Create a new folder in there called tickets
    • Place your copied file in the tickets folder

Once the file is in your theme directory, you can modify it to suit your needs.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Simon
    Participant

Geoff,
    It sure does and thank you so much for the fast support.
    It makes all the difference!
    Simon

Geoff

Awesome–my pleasure! I’m glad this helps. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to open a new one if anything else pops up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Also, we’d love it if you rated the plugin. It takes a moment on our review page and we’d love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers!
    Geoff

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Geoff.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not being emailed…’ is closed to new replies.