Tickets not Automatically Being Sent

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets not Automatically Being Sent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I love your plugin and Event Calendar and am excited to use it on miyelomusicfest dot com when we begin selling tickets on Weednesday. We have it integrated with WooCommerce, and Stripe as the payment gateway.
    The test transactions get to Stripe and process well there, Stripe sends a message back to miyelomusicfest dot com and an email that the order is Processing is sent out to the buyer.
    After waiting for a time, no tickets are received. I change the status of the ticket to Complete, and the buyer gets an email that says it’s complete, but that the tickets will come with another email.
    That email is never received. (or sent I guess…)
    I go into the ticket order and manually SEND the Ticket to the buyer, and then they get the ticket within 3 minutes.

What can I change to make sure that tickets are always sent out after a successful sale?

Jamar
    Participant

I am having the same problem Mike only when I try to manually send the ticket they don’t get seem to get sent or received either. How are you sending them?

Unfortunately the “support” seems slow to “support”. I’ve been waiting for a response all day. Aggravating.

Mike
    Participant

Jamar,

I saw your post and that they weren’t able to help..
    I am able to manually send that email by logging into the individual order, and then clicking on Email Customizer, find “Tickets” and then hit send. If you DON’T have the Email Customizer plugin for WooCommerce, you MAY not have this as a choice.
    If I figure it out before they post a support response, I’ll be sure to let you know. One of my guys is tearing into it this evening.

Barry

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry you’ve been experiencing difficulties.

Likewise, Jamar, I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against similar problems – however we do prefer to keep each topic focused on one issue per customer so creating a new topic of your own was the correct course of action and we’ll continue to work with you in that other topic 🙂

To address your concerns about speed of support, we aim to respond within 24hrs of a question being posted within the working week. While we regularly exceed that target there are of course times when we have higher than normal demand and it simply isn’t possible (though in both this topic and the separate topic created by Jamar I believe we did indeed reply in line with our targets).

After waiting for a time, no tickets are received.

So this is expected: by default, until the order status is marked as “completed”, tickets will not be dispatched.

If you are positive that you can skip this step and that there is no risk of dishonoured transactions then you can effectively force all orders to automatically complete – however implementing this is a decision (and, arguably, a risk) you as the merchant will need to assess for yourself.

I change the status of the ticket to Complete, and the buyer gets an email that says it’s complete, but that the tickets will come with another email. That email is never received. (or sent I guess…)

This certainly sounds like a problem: as soon as the orders were completed the tickets ought to have been dispatched.

• Were you able to perform some test transactions and are you positive the tickets email was not being placed within the spam/junk folder of the receiving mailbox?
    • Can you tell me anything more about your email setup – are you using the default facilities that come with a standard shared hosting account here, or are you using an external/dedicated email service?
    • I see you noted having run through our standard troubleshooting steps when you opened this topic – which is awesome, thanks for giving those a try! – can you confirm that made no difference here?

The reason I want to clarify that last point is that you noted having at least one other (email-related) plugin activated:

If you DON’T have the Email Customizer plugin for WooCommerce, you MAY not have this as a choice.

There may be no conflict, of course, or there could be a conflict but not with Email Customizer, but it’s definitely worth running through those steps if you can and I just want to be sure this stage was covered.

Also – just to note this for the benefit of others coming across this topic – the ability to resend ticket emails should be present even without any extensions like this one.

If you can update me with answers to the above questions we’ll definitely do our best to get to the bottom of this 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not Automatically Being Sent’ is closed to new replies.