Tickets module disappeared from ALL events on WordPress

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Tickets module disappeared from ALL events on WordPress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nthomas
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe,

Last week our organization completed importing nearly 40 events from Eventbrite into our WordPress site with the tickets module showing on each event. We did update last week to 3.10, while importing, but since then, have made no changes to the events. This morning I’ve noticed that the module has disappeared from ALL our events.

I noticed that similar problems have been posted on threads by rensh and graphic pilot, with support by Barry, but wanted to create a dedicated ticket for my organization. I also am hesitant to add the snippet to the functions.php as I’m not a coder and don’t want to make any inadvertent changes to the field.

Please help! This is very urgent as we our events are timely and we need to have a means for our audience to register for these public events.

nthomas
    Participant

Update: I’ve added in the snippet of code to functions.php file, and the ticket modules have been restored to our events.

Let us know when an update/more permanent fix has been released.

Thanks.

p88dadmin
    Participant

This is also happening to me as well. I’m curious in what you changed.

Vail Leadership
    Participant

What was the fix for this????? We have a huge event tomorrow, and are just now realizing this has been broken.

nthomas
    Participant
    nthomas
    Participant

Modern Tribe, actually a big NEVERMIND that the applying of the code snippet to the file.php corrected anything.

While the ticket modules reappeared after I applied the code a few hours ago, I am now doing another sweep of our events and the ticket modules are now ALL GONE again. What has happened in the past few hours that has caused the fix you provided to be undone, and how can we fix this once again?

Please help!

Barry

Hi @nthomas (and everyone else),

We’re very sorry for the disruption.

Eventbrite recently made a further change to their API and, regrettably, that has stopped the plugin from operating as expected.

The snippet you linked to was intended to provide temporary relief and allow tickets from imported events to show on the frontend of the site (ie, within single event pages).

So far as I am aware nothing further has changed on that front and on testing that same snippet this morning it continues to behave as expected.

It is not however a fix-all and the substantive fix for this problem – which we are working hard on – should be with us soon. I can promise you we are acutely aware of the disruption triggered by the recent API changes and are doing our best to get a complete fix in your hands as quickly as we can.

With the exception of @nthomas, who created this topic, I would ask that if you have any further questions or concerns on this issue that you create new topics of your own to help us provide you with the best service we can.

Thanks again and our further apologies for these issues.

nthomas
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

On a a related note, yesterday I tried to re-import an invent that I deleted, but when I entered in the event ID, I get the message: We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.

Any fix for this situation?

Barry

Hi @nthomas,

That’s not something I can replicate, based on the details you’ve given me.

We’d be happy to help – but it is a quite different issue from the one you initially reported. With that in mind, could you create a new topic for this problem?

Please do include a link to the Eventbrite event in question (or a note of the Eventbrite ID).

Thanks!

nthomas
    Participant

Yep, creating new topic now.

nthomas
    Participant

Barry, just tried importing the Event ID again, and it took successfully this time without the error message.

Thanks!

Barry

I’m glad that one worked out 🙂

(By way of update on the original issue, we’re in the process of running quality assurance checks on our fix and hope to get that out as quickly as we can.)

paulblacker
    Participant

Hi guys
    I too have had this problem, done nothing to the site but the eventbrite tickets disappeared so no one could book via the widgets.
    also when i import an event though the plugin and make relevant changes and save this it send the original eventbrite event into draft and also says that there are no valid tickets for the event, even though there are.
    help

Barry

Paul … you’ve copied and pasted exactly the same thing into three different topics, all created by other users – again, the best way to seek help here on the support forums and to avoid derailing topics created by other users is simply to create a fresh topic of your own 🙂

paulblacker
    Participant

sorry will do, apologies to all affected

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets module disappeared from ALL events on WordPress’ is closed to new replies.