Imported Events from EventBrite say 'Published without ticket', buttons gone

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Imported Events from EventBrite say 'Published without ticket', buttons gone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    graphicpilot
    Participant

Hello,

On my client’s site, the buttons to go to EventBrite and register disappeared for all of the events I imported from EventBrite after they were made public!

The client is frantic because their site visitors can no longer click a button to easily register at EventBrite. I have updated The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO and EventBrite tickets to 3.10.

This comes after the events we imported also got marked as “Private” in EventBrite somehow via the EventBrite Tickets plugin.

What’s going on here?

Barry

Hi @graphicpilot,

I’m sorry for the disruption and would love to gain some further insight into these issues.

Firstly, did the problem occur immediately after importing those events – or was a further edit made locally (ie, in WordPress) before they disappeared/before they were inadvertently marked as private on EventBrite?

Also, did this all occur after the 3.10 updates, or did it occur with the previous version (and do you still face it now that you hvae 3.10 in place, when you/your client try to import fresh events from Eventbrite)?

graphicpilot
    Participant

I don’t know exactly when it happened but I’m the only person managing the site and I didn’t do anything to the events that I’m aware of to cause it. The client reported the buttons had disappeared.

I updated all to 3.10 hoping to fix it but it is not working.

We don’t have any new events to import at the moment.

Barry

@graphicpilot,

So on further investigation it is looking like a very recent API change has created this issue.

Unfortunately, this isn’t a change where a great deal of notice was afforded to us by eventbrite.com (and in fact they were unable even to provide us with a specific date for the change). So the circumstances are unusual and really there isn’t much more we could have done here.

I realize that still leaves you (and your client) with a problem, of course. Adding this snippet (for example, to your theme’s functions.php file) should hopefully restore the ticket form for imported events:

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/345a6b12ce9c44f573fd

It’s not a complete solution – updating the event tickets via the event editor in WordPress for instance is still going to be problematic – but we are rapidly working on a more substantive solution which we’ll roll out as quickly as we can.

graphicpilot
    Participant

Barry,

Thank you for the functions.php patch. I’ve applied it and now I’m getting the iFrame in the events showing up.

However, we are still having other lingering API/EventBrite Tickets issues. Mainly that every time you hit the Update or Publish button on the WordPress side for an event, EventBrite Tickets causes the event on eventbrite.com to become Password Protected (even though the radio button shows it as public) and/or saved as a Draft and therefore unpublished. I generally also get an error at the top of the event in the WP dashboard that says “Error: this event cannot be unpublished” or something really close to that. It doesn’t happen every time, but the eventbrite.com event becoming invisible to the public happens on every save. Very strange.

So, for now, every time I make a change to the event on The Events Calendar I have to go to eventbrite.com, click on My Events, go to the event (sometimes in the Drafts tab), click on ‘Make My Event Live’ OR click on Password Protected and then re-save.

Barry

Hi @graphicpilot,

I’m glad that helped at least with part of the problem.

The further issue you have described is, again, a known issue that we will address as soon as possible. It did seem that for other users, despite the event being set to ‘password protected’, no password was actually set and it remained accessible.

If that’s not what you’re experiencing though that is definitely more concerning and we’ll look at raising the priority on that one.

graphicpilot
    Participant

The events were in fact disappearing from public view at our eventbrite location: http://sjhra.eventbrite.com. That was the beginning of the concerns we have had with this plugin. EventBrite Tickets is the crux of the reason I convinced the client that signing up for EventBrite (instead of Constant Contact Events) and installing the Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro would be the solution for their calendar. Now it’s not working at all like it’s supposed to :-/

Barry

I can only say I’m sorry for these problems and we’re working as hard as we can on getting fixes out in as timely a fashion as we can – we’ll do our very best to keep you updated here in the topic as things progress.

paulblacker
    Participant

Hi guys
    I too have had this problem, done nothing to the site but the eventbrite tickets disappeared so no one could book via the widgets.
    also when i import an event though the plugin and make relevant changes and save this it send the original eventbrite event into draft and also says that there are no valid tickets for the event, even though there are.
    help

Barry

Hi Paul,

There is no need to repeatedly post the same thing 🙂

As I covered in the other topic you commented on, the best way to seek help here is to create a forum topic of your own (one per individual problem or issue).

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey there,

Great news–Looks like this was patched up in the recent Eventbrite API update, so thing should be good to go. Please let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Imported Events from EventBrite say 'Published without ticket', buttons gone’ is closed to new replies.