Eventbrite ticket error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite ticket error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rensh
    Participant

Hi all,

Yesterday I updated both the Events Calendar Pro and the Eventbrite plugin to their latest version. Before that all tickets were just displaying fine. But now, after the update, it gives me the following error:

There are no tickets associated with this event!
    You cannot publish this event in Eventbrite unless you first add a ticket on Eventbrite.com.

Which is strange, because when I go to Eventbrite the tickets are just there… See below screenshot
    Eventbrite error

This is quite urgently as there are around 30 events…

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Lothar van Mourik

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I am also experiencing this issue. All events have dissapeared from my site and when i view the event in WP, i get the same red error message.

I am on 3.9.3 as I am far too nervous in updating the plugin to try and resolve this.

Michael
    Participant

Same problem.

Barry

Hi guys,

I’m sorry for the difficulties and disruption.

Though you’re all welcome to follow along we’ll be primarily focused on helping the original poster – Lothar (@rensh) – in this topic. If you need help specific to your own installations, please do go ahead and create fresh topics of your own and one of the team will be happy to help 🙂

Lothar: could you provide me with a link to the eventbrite.com version of the event (corresponding with the one in your screenshot), by private reply if you prefer?

Barry

Lothar: please disregard my last question, I’m able to locate it. I’m curious: if you edit the event (again, on eventbrite.com) is the event set to a “password protected” status (even if no password is set), or anything like that?

Barry

A further update: this appears to be the result of a very recent change in the Eventbrite API, for which we received only a relatively small amount of advance notice.

We’re working on this and will post further updates as things progress – thanks once again for all your patience.

Barry

This may not work in all cases, but a temporary solution could be to add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file (or some other suitable location):

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/345a6b12ce9c44f573fd

As soon as we release a definitive fix for this issue, though, it ought to be removed.

rensh
    Participant

Hi Barry,

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

Lothar: please disregard my last question, I’m able to locate it. I’m curious: if you edit the event (again, on eventbrite.com) is the event set to a “password protected” status (even if no password is set), or anything like that?

No, this event wasn’t password protected, just ‘Public’. An other event was, eventhough there was no actual password. When I made a small text change to this ‘password protected’ event and saved it, it dropped the ‘password protected’ and went ‘Public’ again.

Going back to my Events Calendar edit screen in WP, the message: “There are no tickets associated with this event! You cannot publish this event in Eventbrite unless you first add a ticket on Eventbrite.com.” is still there…

I also added the temporary solution to my functions.php but I think that code is only relevant when the plugin can actually see the tickets linked to an event, which it still doesn’t now.

Barry

The fix should allow the ticket iframe to display within the single event page, but it won’t correct the issue you are experiencing in the event editor, I’m afraid.

A substantive fix is en route, however – and we’ll make that available as quickly as we can.

rensh
    Participant

Hm okay.. So this means that I cannot sell any tickets on my website until this fix is available, am I right?

rensh
    Participant

Oops, nevermind. The temporary solution did the trick! Eventhough the ‘error’ message is still in the event editor, but that’s not that important now. Thank you very much Barry!

Barry

It should still be possible if you import the events from eventbrite.com and have the temporary fix in place – but ultimately that may not work for everyone and waiting out on the definitive fix may be necessary.

paulblacker
    Participant

Hi guys
    I too have had this problem, done nothing to the site but the eventbrite tickets disappeared so no one could book via the widgets.
    also when i import an event though the plugin and make relevant changes and save this it send the original eventbrite event into draft and also says that there are no valid tickets for the event, even though there are.
    help

Barry

Hi Paul,

Please feel welcome to follow this topic, but if you need help specifically for your own site it is best to create a fresh topic of your own (our policy is one issue or problem per forum topic and, ideally, one user per topic, too) … one of the team will then be only too happy to help 🙂

Thanks!

paulblacker
    Participant

sorry guys will do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite ticket error’ is closed to new replies.