Tickets for Recurring Events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets for Recurring Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Victoria
    Participant

When we purchased ECP and WCT back in February, we were disappointed to discover that the two products didn’t work together fully – in that you couldn’t have tickets for recurring events.

Now, eight months later, it looks like that still isn’t an option. So, could you explain to me why this hasn’t been implemented yet?

How hard could it be to auto-duplicate the original ticket (product) for each event recurrence, with the duplicated tickets getting their own product IDs from WC’s auto-increment value (last insert id), and then have that product ID assigned as the recurred event’s ticket?

It isn’t that complicated.

My WP skills are lacking at best. Otherwise, I’d just do it myself.

Thanks.

Nico

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this. I’ll try to clarify a bit on this:

Our Tickets Framework is under a complete refactor to support some of the features our community is been asking since a long time -as you state here. Whiles this code refactor is under development new features are ‘paused’. I don’t want to wrongly set any expectations as this is still under development and dates/features are subject to change but the roadmap for Tickets Framework indicate this feature is planned for version 4.2 of the plugin coming out next year (march-april). Version 4.0 is a big milestone coming out really soon, and features like RSVP and Custom Registration / Attendes Meta will be included, but ‘Recurring Tickets’ won’t be out till next year.

I see your point about the simple this might seem, but in a plugin family that covers different e-commerce platforms and lots of use cases this gains a lot of complexity, this requires lots of development and also QA efforts. We are aware of the importance the community gives to this feature, and we also look forward to see this integrated.

Once again thanks for your feedback on this feature,
    Please let me know if you have any other follow-up questions on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.