Tickets for members vs. non-members AND registration/login before buying tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets for members vs. non-members AND registration/login before buying tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Peri
    Participant

Hi,

1. I want to find it out if possible and if so, how, to set up tickets for customers that are members of a club at a certain price and then tickets at a different price for customers who are not members.

2. If I am using Gravity Form to build a registration form customers need to complete before they are registered as users on the site, how do I integrate that form with the register/login function for buying of tickets?

3. Can I set it that a customers’s User ID 1st be checked against the club database (even if this is a manual process) before the ticket purchase is approved?

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris and welcome back!

We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

1. I want to find it out if possible and if so, how, to set up tickets for customers that are members of a club at a certain price and then tickets at a different price for customers who are not members.

That is a great question. The short answer is yes. It is possible to do that.

This can be achieved with WooCommerce via some additional plugins and/or a bit of customization.

There are many plugins and ways to go about this, but as a starting point you might want to take a look at: https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-memberships/
    You could then set a special automatic discount for members or use some other kind of WordPress role based discount / product visibility solution.

2. If I am using Gravity Form to build a registration form customers need to complete before they are registered as users on the site, how do I integrate that form with the register/login function for buying of tickets?

I am not 100% percent clear on what type of integration you are looking for. Could you expand on that ?
    Or perhaps, you could send me a link to your Gravity Form so that I can take a look.

In any case, just make sure you are using the user registration add-on: http://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/user-registration/
    This ensures that a WordPress user gets created from the form.

At that point, the same user will be used for WooCommerce purchases. So you have to make sure it has a proper WordPress role to enable discounts and such.

3. Can I set it that a customers’s User ID 1st be checked against the club database (even if this is a manual process) before the ticket purchase is approved?

By default, the tickets are not sent right away. The transaction need to be set to “Complete” before the customer receives anything.
    So that could act as a manual process to check against the club database perhaps ?

But by then, technically, the payment as already been made. If you want more control than that you could:

1. Check out some of the order status control plugins out there such as: https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-order-status-control/
    2. Program a customization to do the validation automatically. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.
    3. Hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for members vs. non-members AND registration/login before buying tickets’ is closed to new replies.