tickets available keep resetting to zero

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus tickets available keep resetting to zero

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    saha
    Participant

We just upgraded last night to the new version of Tickets Plus. We have an event running with 2500 tickets of which we had already sold 185. For some reason the tickets available reset itself to zero making the tickets be listed as out of stock. I reset the inventory available and then had to edit an item in the event. As soon as I hit save it reset the stock back to zero and it was out of stock again.
    What is going on?

George
    Participant

Hey @saha,

I’m really sorry to hear about this!

This is a bizarre bug we have found and are working hard on a fix for this. Stay tuned to this thread—I will be posting an update here as soon as possible with news about the bug and about the fix.

Thank you,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey @saha,

I’ve been doing some digging here, and while we do have a definitive bug here, I myself am not recreating these issues.

Can you share some extra information around the behavior of things here? It will help us continue the investigation.

1. You say, “For some reason the tickets available reset itself to zero making the tickets be listed as out of stock.” When did this resetting happen? Did you edit the description of the event or something, for example, then click “Update” for the event, and then after the update the stock was reset to zero?

2. Is the event that has this issue an event you created before updating to 4.1?

3. If you create a brand new testing event (with just free tickets, for example, just for testing), do you have the same issue?

Thank you!
    George

saha
    Participant

Hey George,

I’ve been reading through the forum and I see others have had the same issue. The first time it happened I didn’t realise until a customer contacted me asking if all the tickets were sold out! The second time was after I edited the event text and hit save and then it reset the stock to zero. Yes the event was created before the upgrade.

I know we’re supposed to start a new thread with all new issues but just quickly – is it part of the new upgrade that tickets are supposed to issue even if the order hasn’t been completed in Woocommerce? I’ve just discovered today that the tickets are now issuing immediately upon receiving the order even though I haven’t completed them yet. I don’t know if emails are going out to customers but the ticket numbers are sitting in the report. Wondering if this is a bug or if that’s a new way of doing things.

George
    Participant

Hey Saha,

There are indeed other folks having this issue—this is a confirmed bug that is in our code, and we are working on fix for it. I’m sorry about this bug having been released at all—but we’re making progress and can hopefully fix this soon!

As for your second question:

is it part of the new upgrade that tickets are supposed to issue even if the order hasn’t been completed in Woocommerce?

This is an interesting issue. You say this about it:

I don’t know if emails are going out to customers but the ticket numbers are sitting in the report. Wondering if this is a bug or if that’s a new way of doing things.

Can you try “buying” some free test tickets on your own site, and seeing if you receive the ticket emails and such? This will confirm if the issue is related to stock alone, on your site, or if tickets are indeed being mailed out and such.

Thank you!
    George

saha
    Participant

Hi there George,

I did a test with a new free event. I received all the usual emails but the ticket email did not go out until the order had been completed in Woocommerce. The ticket number was issued and sitting in the attendees report before it was completed though.

I have had reports from customers of receiving a blank tickets email (ie it had the tickets heading in the email but there was no content). It was very weird because some of these customers didn’t even purchase tickets – they had orders for something else and received this email as well!

saha
    Participant

George, Just to let you know that I’ve had my web support check for plugin conflicts and they couldn’t find any.

saha
    Participant

Hi George,

I noticed that this thread is coming up as resolved? Certainly not resolved. I need some help please. Could you please reply. Thanks.

saha
    Participant

I have started a new thread in case this is not showing up to you.

George
    Participant

Hey @saha,

I did NOT mark this thread resolved, and unless the thread is “Closed” you can still post here regardless.

As for the thread updates, our thread response times are one reply in 24 hours during the workweek. I got to your thread this weekend in an effort to assist more quickly—thank you for being patient here.

I have not been able to recreate your issues and so I am roping in another developer for assistance here. Stay tuned while we investigate your issues—sorry for the trouble here!

Sincerely,
    George

saha
    Participant

Hi George, Thanks for coming back to me. Just to let you know my support team have reverted back to the old plugin. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Gabriel
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.
    You can see it here: http://www.guerrerosmedellin.com/evento/evento-de-prueba/#buy-tickets
    Password: 123
    If I try to add a quantity it seems to work, but when the box lost focus it resets to zero.
    In the admin, I can add a stock quantity to the ticket, but, later the Stock box is empty. It is not saving my stock quantity.
    Thanks

oniregoc
    Participant

Same here but by chance I did a database backup before updating. Resolve it by rollback plugins to version 4.05.

Katrin
    Participant

same problem here. Is there a “easy” way to rollback the plugin?

George
    Participant

I’m sorry about all of these issues folks! The only way to rollback the plugin is to manually remove the current version from your site, then add files from an older version.

You can get those files from your account pages → http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads

We’ve got this logged as a high-priority bug and are working hard on a solution. I will update this thread with more information as we learn more about it.

Thank you all for your patience here!
    George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘tickets available keep resetting to zero’ is closed to new replies.