Tickets as Products (with images, descriptions, etc.)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Tickets as Products (with images, descriptions, etc.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Dyck

Hi. I’ve been playing with the free plugins and reading up about the paid versions. I really think these are what I need, but want to confirm something first.

Background:

I have a micro-bakery where I bake bread for people once or twice a week. All the bread is pre-ordered and picked up on the bake day. Customers order their bread in advance and pay when they pick up.

So, my “Event” is a bake day. The “Tickets” are loaves of bread. There are different Tickets for each event, because I bake 4-5 different loaves each bake day.

The killer feature for me is ‘stock’. I only have 16 “Tickets” of each loaf available each bake day (my oven is only so big) so I love that you can handle that! The order cutoff time is the second killer feature.

Now it get’s harder:

The 5 types of loaves per bake day (5 Ticket types per Event) come from a pool of 25 or 30 different loaves in my repertoire.

a) What I really want to do is set up 25 or 30 product pages, with descriptions, ingredient lists, pictures, etc. and then link to the product pages from the event page. Either click on the Ticket name, or a ‘more info’ link to get a pop up with the product.

b) While I’m dreaming, I’d then list which Events have this product displayed on the product page too. ie. if you’re on the Baguette product page, you’d see the next 2-3 bake days when I’m baking baguettes.

c) Ideally, I’d love to have a ‘pick list’ of valid products when adding tickets to my event. That is, instead of typing ‘Baguette’ and a description every time, pick ‘Baguette’ from a list and populate the ticket description from the product page.

I figure there’s either some customization needed or a link to WooCommerce, or both. Like, make a custom post type to hold the Ticket Types in a) with a link to the event calendar to show b) and then mess with the Ticket meta box to accomplish c).

Is there anything in the way your plugins are built that would prevent this idea from working? Or, even better, is there an easy way to do this that I missed in the documentation?

I saw the article about Woocommerce products and am working through that. I’m not using Woocommerce today so it’s another thing to figure out.

Thanks,

Mark

Caroline

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for stopping by! We’re thrilled to hear that you’re considering our plugins for your bakery business–what a cool potential use of our ticketing software! ๐Ÿ™‚

Much of what you describe here may be possible “out of the box” or with some light tweaking/customization work on the part of you or your web developer:

• While it’s not currently possible to add links to names or descriptions for tickets, you could create your product pages as pages or custom post types and drop links for each into the description for your event. This would also give you a bit of extra space to work with, allowing you to add other content (such as thumbnails or a brief bit of description) to entice people to click to the full product page.
    • For linking product pages back to upcoming bake days for those products, I’d suggest creating a category or tag for each loaf in your repertoire and categorizing or tagging bake days with the loaves that will be available on that day. You can then add a list to the product page that will pull the next x bake days featuring that loaf, either using a custom loop with tribe_get_events or WP_Query or withย Events Calendar PRO’s [tribe_events] shortcode.

Unfortunately, we don’t offer support for saving tickets to be reused at this time (though we do offer this functionality for custom attendee information fields). If you’re interested in building out this or any other complex feature requests for your site, I’d consider reaching out a third-party developer who works with our plugins! We maintain a list of developers on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

I hope that helps to get you started here! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you should have any other questions or concerns here. Cheers, and thanks again for reaching out!

Mark Dyck

Sweet! Thanks so much for the guidance Caroline.

Your reply makes a lot of sense. It’ll make even more once I re-read it a few times. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes,

Mark

Caroline

Hi Mark,

You’re so very welcome! Though I see that you’ve already marked your question here as resolved, please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if I can answer any other questions or clarify anything further! We’re all here to help! ๐Ÿ™‚

For now,ย I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out to keep things moving along. Thanks again for stopping by, and we hope to see you around soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets as Products (with images, descriptions, etc.)’ is closed to new replies.