Tickets are selling when they should be out of stock

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets are selling when they should be out of stock

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James Kendall
    Participant

Hello Support,

I hope you can help as a very frustrating problem is happening on my website.
    I have set the stock of tickets for an event but WooTickets is allowing tickets for an event to be sold eve after they should be out of stock. This has happened for several events that I’ve organised and I’ve had to give refunds to annoyed customers. This should not be happening especially since I’ve paid $89 for this product.

In addition, many customers are not receiving they’re e-ticket for the event. I believe this is only happening with customers who pay through paypal, which is most of them. I have made sure that the orders in question have been actioned as “complete” but it does not resolve the situation.

I am running the Altitude Pro Theme. Could there be a conflict there?

Can someone please offer me some advice as to how I can fix this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

James

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

First we do not modify the checkout process in WooCommerce so this issue can easily turn out to be with their plugin and nothing we can do.

When we have had this issue come up in the past the issue is Paypal is not connecting back to the site and letting it know the payment is complete.

Either through a timeout or incorrect setting.

For orders that do not get tickets or not showing up in the attendees, what do the notes say in the order? Does Paypal send the completed payment note?

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

James Kendall
    Participant

Hello Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I’ve just run a test ticket purchase via paypal and here’s what happened:
    1. Buyer received email from [email protected] with receipt of payment.
    2. Seller received two emails ‘new customer order’ and ‘notification of payment received via paypal’
    3. Order is listed as ‘processing’ in website’s dashboard
    4. Seller checked his paypal account and can see the payment has been completed.
    5. Seller marked the order as ‘complete’ in website dashboard
    6. Buyer received no further email from paypal of website. No e-ticket received. This was 1 hour after payment had been made.
    7. Seller checked the attendees list for the event and the buyer is listed there as a complete order.

I’ve noticed that someone else is having this problem also today, his name is Robert.

Please advise where we can go from here.
    James

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

In an order that does not reduce stock what do the notes say from Paypal. This is the section I am referring too:

Tec order notes

Do you see any error like this in any of the order notes:

“Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address”

In the past that has caused this issue.

Let me know.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I wanted to update you here on this issue.

I recommend setting up Payment Data Transfer (PDT) through PayPal on your site as another customer reported that helping them.

Look for this section: “Why don’t customers see the link to download their products after paying and getting redirected back to my website?”

At this link to setting that up:

https://docs.woothemes.com/document/paypal-standard/

Also, if you like there might be more information about this issue here for you:

http://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wooticketswoocommerce-stock-increasing-not-reducing-2/

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets are selling when they should be out of stock’ is closed to new replies.