Tickets are only… rarely sent

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets are only… rarely sent

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    valerio
    Participant

I know rarely is not a scientific formula… but that’s my impression…
    I verified all the process and also applied other solution to automatically close the events.
    but I cannot figure out why tickets are only rarely sent to my customers.
    The same happens during my attemps to resend from the order page.
    Finally I digged in the server log and what I found is:

Tue, 07 Mar 2017 23:00:10 GMT [error] [client ……….] – http://www.mysite.it – AH01215: sendmail: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol: /php-wrapper/php-cgi, referer https://www.mysite.it/wp-admin/post.php?post=25568&action=edit

Any idea about that?
    I’m very concerned about the mail, ’cause I need a QR in my workflow.
    The weird thing is that I cannot see any difference between the success ticket and the aborted ones and that all the emails sent by WC, your plugin or others are ALL correctly delivered…
    Thanks.
    V.

Geoff B.

Good morning Valerio and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the tickets not being sent when expected on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

With that in mind, this sometimes happen on certain sites. What is going on is that WPmail seems to be blocked at some level.

A lot of our customers have been able to get around this issue by simply installing a third-party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Basically, that overrides WPmail completely and uses a legitimate SMTP address (with authentication) to send emails.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

valerio
    Participant

This reply is private.

valerio
    Participant

THANKS for the reply!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Done in private.

With that in mind, this sometimes happen on certain sites. What is going on is that WPmail seems to be blocked at some level.

IMHO It’s not a WP mail problem…
    I’ve written yet that ALL the emails are sent by my WP instance.
    I receive all the emails from EVENT TICKETS, but “Your tickets from Tickit” – the most important – arrives only once in ten or less.
    It seems something related to IPv6 name/address support, ’cause I can see the error on my server log.
    So my question is:
    Is there any different sendmail script in the ticket mail?
    Where can I find the php script that generates and send the tickets?

A lot of our customers have been able to get around this issue by simply installing a third-party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Basically, that overrides WPmail completely and uses a legitimate SMTP address (with authentication) to send emails.

Let me know if that helps.

I knew about this plugin…
    I installed and correctly configured it, and, as expected, this didn’t fix the issue…
    Thanks.
    v.

valerio
    Participant

Don’t know if it helps but confirmation and email always received has this kind of header

Oggetto: Il tuo ordine da Tickit del 8 marzo 2017 è stato completato
    SPF: NEUTRAL con l’IP 62.149.156.70 Ulteriori informazioni
    DKIM: PASS con il dominio aruba.it Ulteriori informazioni

Ticket emails has

Oggetto: Your tickets from Tickit
    SPF: NEUTRAL con l’IP 0.0.0.0 Ulteriori informazioni
    DKIM: PASS con il dominio aruba.it Ulteriori informazioni

Many many thnaks!
    V.

Geoff B.

Good morning Valerio,

Thank you for the additional information and the tests.

“Your tickets from Tickit” – the most important – arrives only once in ten or less.
    It seems something related to IPv6 name/address support, ’cause I can see the error on my server log. So my question is:
    Is there any different sendmail script in the ticket mail?

The code to send the actual ticket has a conditional on it. But it is not substantially different than any other code aside from that.

It waits for the condition that you set under Events -> Settings -> Tickets (scroll to the bottom – When should tickets be emailed to customers? )

When that order status condition is met, the tickets are sent.

With that in mind, you might be right.

It is possible that there is something server-side that needs fixing as well.

But, before we escalate this to that level, could you:

1. Check the settings just mentioned and make sure they meet your workflow (and that there is at least one box checked)
    2. Try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen (after a database backup and with a maintenance page up) and go through the full purchase process yourself (on a test order) to see if that helps.

The reason for this test is that your WordPress theme might contain customizations that require updating to work with the latest version of our plugins.

Hang in there!
    Geoff B.

valerio
    Participant

I will try with a basic theme.
    But the one istalled at the moment it’s a basic DIVI.
    I just added a function in my child to autocomplete the order.
    Settings you are referring about are on the right value (and I also tried the others).
    I repeat: it doesn’t seems to be a workflow issue, ’cause the ticket mails are not delivered neither when I try to send them manually from the order.
    When I talk about the sendmail… I mean something like protocols or decoding at a server level.
    It seems that your plugin is trying to use ipv6, actually not supported on my server.
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/64414/ipv6-support-is-disabled-warnings
    So I repeat my original question: which php script send the email?
    THNX
    V.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by valerio.
    valerio
    Participant

ps. This is my condition: at the moment both the most important functions of your plugin don’t work for me.
    1. I cannot receive ticket mails;
    2. The system doesn’t correctly manage quantities…
    It’s more than frustrating.

Thanks.
    V.

Geoff B.

Good evening Valerio,

Sorry for the delay answering.
    We have been experiencing a much higher volume of requests than usual.

Thank you for your patience.

I just added a function in my child to autocomplete the order.

This might not seem like much, but it is actually an issue. We used to tie the ticket sending to the order status (up until a few versions ago).

The results were not great for many of our customers, especially those that were using functions or plugins to set the order to “autocomplete”. The payment gateway being used also had a big role to play in this.

For that reason, we completely redesigned the part of the code that sends the actual tickets to let our customers decide when the ticket is sent (based on the settings found under Events -> Settings -> Tickets).

I would definitely recommend removing that portion of the code temporarily for troubleshooting purposes.

I repeat: it doesn’t seems to be a workflow issue, ’cause the ticket mails are not delivered neither when I try to send them manually from the order.
    When I talk about the sendmail… I mean something like protocols or decoding at a server level.
    It seems that your plugin is trying to use ipv6, actually not supported on my server.
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/64414/ipv6-support-is-disabled-warnings

I understand how you could come to that conclusion, but the fact is that we do not get low-level with that portion of the code.

We either use the default WPmail or hand things off to WooCommerce’s mailing system which also uses WPmail.

We would gladly take responsibility for this (and find a fix) if the ipv6 came from our code, but I have asked our best coding wizards and it would be very surprising that this is the case.

With that in mind, we would absolutely

So I repeat my original question: which php script send the email?

Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Email::trigger() is the method where it happens – of note, $this->send() is calling WooCommerce code in the superclass – WC_Email::send() (woocommerce/includes/emails/class-wc-email.php) which itself calls wp_mail()
    wp_mail() being the standard function WordPress provides for sending out emails

ps. This is my condition: at the moment both the most important functions of your plugin don’t work for me.
    1. I cannot receive ticket mails;
    2. The system doesn’t correctly manage quantities…

I am truly sorry about that. As you can imagine, we do try very hard to ensure that our customers get a smooth experience while using our products.

Please know that we actually share your goal: find the cause of the issue and fix it as quickly as possible.

I realize that my colleague Hunter is helping you out with the quantity management issue.

I also understand that going through the full conflict procedure (temporarily going back to a barebones WordPress installation and reactivating things one-by-one) is not fun and might get time-consuming.

However, it is the fastest way to get to the bottom of things and find the cause.

Depending on the situation, it could be:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with the theme or some changes to the functions.php file
    3. A PHP version issue
    4. A server configuration issue

Either way, I would like nothing more than to find out.

Please let me know how these tests and answers go for you.

Hang in there!
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets are only… rarely sent’ is closed to new replies.