ticketing solution help required please

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ticketing solution help required please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Neil Duckmanton

We have a client looking for a replacement website that we can add ticket sales to. In the past the tickets have been available to purchase online but then posted out.

Client is looking to make the process more efficient and reduce on postage costs.

The site is to support and event that may have around 1000+ visitors to be checked in and this usually happens in remote locations where phone signal and internet access is weak to non-existent.

Wondering if one of your event ticketing solutions will help and how it could work for us/our client given my comments above?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cliff

Hi Neil. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Event Tickets Plus (please watch the video at this link) is our paid add-on plugin that upgrades the functionality of our free Event Tickets plugin.

Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms. The free plugin only enables free RSVP-type tickets.

You can view our roundup/comparison of all the eCommerce plugins ET+ supports.

Our plugin uses your eCommerce plugin of choice, but your eCommerce plugin isn’t displayed for shopping pages. Please reference our Making Tickets KB article (screenshots are from an install using WooCommerce) for an idea how to create tickets for an event.

Site visitors would purchase tickets from each event’s single page view (e.g. example.com/events/rogers-day-at-the-zoo/) — if there is an RSVP to submit or ticket to purchase.

The order confirmation email will include a QR code that can be scanned to “check in” someone at the door at the time of the event. You can read more at Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Neil Duckmanton

Hi, have looked through everything – all looks good, however there is just the issue of needing to be online in order to check people in.

I guess as a backup in case of weak to no connection, the entry point could also have a set of attendee printouts in numerical order and check them off that way if necessary.

Presume there is a scanning app that links directly into the site?

Thanks

Cliff

Neil, having a dedicated check-in app is an idea we have under consideration, but any QR code reader app will take you to the link to check someone in (if signed-in to wp-admin with the appropriate managerial credentials).

If you have that event’s Attendees Report wp-admin page open, there’s a “check-in” button right there too, so you don’t need to use the QR code. In fact, we have a KB article how to disable it.

For offline check-ins, it doesn’t have the benefit of displaying a message like “this ticket was already checked in, try again” — especially helpful if attendees could check in at multiple locations (e.g. South or North sides of a venue) — but, yes, you could Export, print, and do it offline.

I hope that helps clarify things 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ticketing solution help required please’ is closed to new replies.