ticket_end_date not saving on csv imported events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus ticket_end_date not saving on csv imported events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem which is that end of sale date for tickets is not showing. If i make a csv import and import events and tickets the associated ticket end sale date is not saving in database. If i make it manually it saves. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ilkka

Hi Ilkka,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, but i do not see the point of disabling plugins and theme as this procedure will not create new information on database. I can see from the database that this information ticket_end_date is empty. And it should save there when the import from csv file is made. But are you suggesting that i should make the import again without any other plugins activated and some another theme on?

Hi Ilkka,

Yes, please try re-creating the same scenario with a bare WordPress install (default WordPress theme and only Events Calendar/Woocommerce plugins) and see if the information is able to be saved in the database.

Thanks,

Jaime

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi there, sorry it has taken some time. I will be making some tests in upcoming days and will let ypu know. Thanks!

Great, keep me posted!

Thanks!

Ilkka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Ilkka,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

I imported both of the CSVs that you provided and I found the same results, that no End Sale Date appeared when I went to the Edit Event page.  The Start Sale Date defaults to today.  Can you try adding in a start date to at least one of your events and see what results you find?  Here is a screenshot of what I see on that screen, are you seeing similar results?

Thanks,

Jaime

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

This seems to be doing the trick. I defined the start sale date in csv file, and the end date started appearing correctly.

Also i found out that if i add manually shared capacity to the ticket and save it; the end date appears correctly to the ticket. I would have never expected this to happen, but this is exactly what happened.

So i think there is a minor bug somewhere, maybe. I am happy for this part now. Thanks for your help.

Please add shared capacity option for csv import options. !!

I will let you know if i experience same problems.

Ilkka

Hi Ilkka,

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

You can add your idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket_end_date not saving on csv imported events’ is closed to new replies.