Ticket Widget broken in IE 10 and 11

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket Widget broken in IE 10 and 11

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Francescka Bailey
    Participant

Tickets will not load for my event in IE 10 and 11. Works fine in Chrome and Firefox. IE 9 loads an iframe and that seems to be working when I look at Document Mode Emulator. Seems to be an issue since the recent update. You can see the error here: *clip site url* /event/october-members-connect-lunch-10-25-16/

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Francescka Bailey. Reason: removed url reference
    Geoff B.

Good evening Francescka and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Eventbrite Ticket not displaying properly in IE 10 and IE 11. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Short term, since this seems to be related to the upgrade, I would recommend downgrading the Eventbrite tickets plugin: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

I realize this is less than ideal, but it should buy us some time.

With that in mind, I tried to reproduce this on my end. I can see the issue on your site, but I am unable to yield the same results on my vanilla installation with a default WordPress theme.

On your site, running the IE debug console I did receive the following error “Object doesn’t support property or method ‘replaceState'” which seems to break the process.

I am thinking that there is possibly a conflict between our plugin and something on your site (plugin or theme).

Ideally, before downgrading, the next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Francescka Bailey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Francescka Bailey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Francescka Bailey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Widget broken in IE 10 and 11’ is closed to new replies.