Ticket tables disappeared and can't import Events from Eventbrite since update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Ticket tables disappeared and can't import Events from Eventbrite since update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    longchenfoundation
    Participant

We love your ticketing plugin, it’s been working a treat up to now.

Since the last update however a couple of issues have appeared, quite likely related:

1) Since upgrading to the latest version of the Events Calendar: Eventbrite tickets plugin, all of the ticket tables on our website that we had linked to Eventbrite (through
    Events -> Import: Eventbrite) have disappeared. Now, there isn’t even this function on the dashboard, the only function being Events-> Import. I have tested for theme (we use Tempera) and plugin conflicts by activating WordPress2015 and disabling all plugins other than the Events Calendar and Events Calendar:Eventbrite tickets. This didn’t make the tables re-appear.

We run a multi-site installation but are only using the ticketing plugin on one subsite, hence we have a personal licence. I realised that I had network activated it, so have now deactivated it and only have it activated on that one subsite. Now at least the red message about buying a multisite licence has disappeared from our accounts licencing page 🙂 After purging all caches since doing that there is still no sign of the tables (slim chance but had to check it).

2) Our Events main page which contains the month view takes an average of 14seconds to load now, whereas all other pages load in under 2seconds. When I disable the ticketing plugin this drops back to 2seconds. It appears that the authentication system Eventbrite uses has just changed and wondered if the new OAuth token flow system might be the issue? Or perhaps there might be some new query in the source code that’s slowing things down for some reason?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

1. So it sounds like your site may no longer has any elements of the Eventbrite plugin present? Does the Eventbrite metabox show on the event edit screen or do you have an Eventbrite tab within your Event Settings page? If not, it sounds like the plugin might not be fully activated or the core files may have been corrupted. Try deleting the plugin via FTP, re-downloading from our site and installing the fresh version of the plugin on your site to see if that helps.

2. We have noticed some performance issues with the latest update. This is something that we’re actively working to resolve in an upcoming release. In the meantime, if you take advantage of the calendar cache within the event settings or another caching plugin, this should help performance.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

longchenfoundation
    Participant

Hi Josh, thanks.

The metabox shows on the Events Edit screen yes and the text starts with Welcome to The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets! The plugin however doesn’t show up in the primary site plugins screen, other than on the Network plugins screen (we have a multisite installation but only want to use this on our primary site).

Yes there is an Eventbrite tab in the Event Settings page, and it shows the client secret as well as Application key that we configured yesterday. I deleted and reinstalled the plugin anyway, but as you probably would predict, no change.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up and providing the additional information.

So it doesn’t sound like my initial thoughts apply here. The next thing I would check would be to ensure that both the Events Calendar plugin and the Eventbrite Tickets plugin are both activated on your network at the same place. Preferably they would both be activated network wide. You may get a warning about license in this case but it should not impact the actually functioning of the plugin.

Thanks!

longchenfoundation
    Participant

Hi Josh

Thankyou 🙂

Both the Events Calendar and the Ticketing plugin are now activated network wide. It hasn’t made any difference to the display however, nor to the appearance of the Import via Eventbrite option on the Event Settings screen.

Kind regards,
    Wendy

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for verifying this!

This is definitely some strange behavior going on here. I’ll have to do some further testing on our end to see if I can recreate the issue you’re noticing. In the meantime, can you verify that you’ve followed the Testing for Conflicts procedures completely to this point?

Thanks!

longchenfoundation
    Participant

Hi Josh

I worked through the testing for conflicts protocol a second time and can confirm that there are none. What I will say is that i tested with wordpress2015 rather than 2013, but can’t imagine that would make a difference.

Help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks again for confirming and following up. Switching to 2015 theme is fine, the plugin should work perfectly fine with that theme as well.

Doing some further testing now and will get back to you in a few minutes. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Doing some initial tests with fully authorized Eventbrite on a multisite install with the latest versions of the plugins activated network wide, I’m currently unable to reproduce the issues you’re describing.

Parts of what you’re describing possibly sound like the Eventbrite App may no longer be authorized on the site. With the proper app information added to the Eventbrite tab that you’re able to see, try pressing the “Get Authorization” button and see what the Eventbrite page says there https://cloudup.com/cC4OYaKRsr2.

Thanks!

longchenfoundation
    Participant

Thanks so much Josh, that solved it! And just in the nick of time, we’re about to go live with site tomorrow!

Not sure why that didn’t go through the first time I ran through the process, but it’s worked now. I was just about to offer to try the plugin out on a new installation of wordpress for you!

All the best,
    Wendy

Josh
    Participant

Hey Wendy,

Awesome! Glad we were able to get this one resolved! Good luck with the rest of your project and hope you have a smooth launch 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket tables disappeared and can't import Events from Eventbrite since update’ is closed to new replies.