Ticket stock problem – overselling is possible

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket stock problem – overselling is possible

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

We’re seeing a problem with stock, in that it’s letting users overpurchase events.

Originally we set stock at 60, and then when users purchased it, the Sold notification would say 1 of 61 sold, 2 of 62 sold. Obviously this is not correct.

We then reduced the stock to 30, and the notification changed to say 49 of 79 sold.

We can’t work out what the problem is, and it just doesn’t seem to be working correctly.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It looks like you’re using version 3.10 of our plugins? Does the issue persist if you update all versions to the latest (3.11 for WooCommerce Tickets and 3.11.1 for core)?

If so, have you also tried following our Testing for Conflicts procedures to see if there is a conflict occurring with another plugin?

Let me know if this helps or if you uncover a conflict.

Thanks!

Julie
    Participant

I’m having the same issue and I’m running Tickets 3.11 and core 3.11.2.

I can not turn off all plugins or change theme as this is a live site right in the middle of a LARGE marketing event. I am also running payments through WooCommerce USA ePay Gateway made by WooThemes/SkyVerge.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We ask that you open a new thread since there can be many solutions for similar issues and each customer having their own thread helps us to ensure that we’re addressing every users concerns directly.

I can verify though that I just did some tests again and was able to successfully complete the sell of a ticket without replicating the issue described here. We definitely understand not being able to modify plugins/themes on a live site, if you have the opportunity to create a staging or testing environment based on your live site, that will definitely help in narrowing down the issue when opening a new thread.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket stock problem – overselling is possible’ is closed to new replies.