Ticket stock increasing as people purchase tickets – solution?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket stock increasing as people purchase tickets – solution?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Micheal Abrami
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem as a previous poster: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-stock-increasing-as-people-purchase-tickets/

It looks as if a solution was found but most the thread is marked private. Can someone please shed some more light on how to solve the issue?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here and I worked on that thread too.

The issue was Paypal was returning an error so the Order was not considered paid for. So when it was marked complete it did not reduce the ticket stock.

If you are having the same issue, please look at some recent Orders and see if the notes show the payment going through for whatever Payment Processor you are using.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

When an order goes through correctly the notes are very verbose, they explicitly say order stock reduced from X to Y. However on orders that are adding seats the notes are extremely vague, just saying “Order status changed from pending to completed.” Also I’m not sure if it’s relevant but all orders are done via paypal IPN.

In the thread I linked, what ended up being the solution that fixed it. Maybe I can mess around and see if it also fixes it in my sandbox.

Let me know if there’s anything specific I can provide that will help.

Brian
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, They did not provide the steps they used to fix the issue.

This was the error showing in the notes:

Validation error: PayPal IPN response from a different email address (“email address removed”). Order status changed from pending payment to on hold.

So I think they just fixed the email address.

When you referencing seats what are you talking about for the orders? Do you have a customization for people to choose seats?

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

When I say seats, I just mean stock.

So it sounds like for the prior user it was every sale that came through caused an issue, where my issue seams to just be here and there.

Do you have any ideas of logs that I can watch or make more verbose, the most frustrating thing about all this is that I can’t seem to pin point the cause of the problem to fix it :/

Brian
    Keymaster

Seats = Stock got it.

What Payment Processor are you using?

Usually they have their own logs that give details on the payment and they might have insight into this.

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

Sorry for the long delay, I thought I had it fixed, but was wrong.

I do have a little more insight though, or so I think.

The “Order notes” of all problematic transactions have just one entry stating:
    – Order status changed from Pending Payment to Completed.

However, the Order Notes of all successful transactions take this path:
    – “Order status changed from Pending Payment to Processing.”
    – “Item #XXXX stock reduced from X to Y.”
    – “Order item stock reduced successfully.”
    – “Order status changed from Processing to Completed.”

So it looks like the orders causing the problems are completely skipping over the ‘processing’ stage and in turn not having their stock adjusted.

In regards to payment gateways:
    All transactions are handled via Pay Pal, and the only thing the logs at – /wp-content/uploads/wc-logs/paypal-xxx.log are reporting is:
    TIMESTAMP - Generating payment form for order ORDERNUMBER. Notify URL: http://mysite.com/home/wc-api/WC_Gateway_Paypal/

Also to be more specific, I was technical wrong in saying it’s increasing the stock. What’s happening is the stock is not decreasing after some orders. So for example WooCommerce will say ‘2 of 4’ have been sold with a stock of 2. Then someone will purchase a ticket and it will say 3 of 5 sold, and the stock will remain at 2. If I manually change the stock to 1, WooCommerce will then report 3 of 4, as it should.

Is there any other logs I can watch or can you shed some more light on what might cause this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok what you found out is inline of what I have seen happen before including how the stock is not being reduced.

Do you have any products and are they having this issue?

Are the Paypal Payments going through for the ticket orders on the ones skipping Processing?

Also, can you change the Hold Stock to disabled by leaving blank and does that help?

Here is a screenshot for refrence: http://cl.ly/NeKF

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

The products being sold are tickets (via WooTickets) to events (Event Calendar Pro). I went into a product and I see it also has it’s own inventory screen with an option checked for ‘Manage Stock: Enable stock management at product level’ (screenshot below). I bring this up because I just disabled hold stock (and I’m watching new orders closely to see if that helped) and was wondering if this could be related.

In regards to PayPal, I believe the payments are going through, I’ll confirm that later this morning or afternoon.

screenshot

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

After checking PayPal Transaction, I’m having trouble drawing any lines. Out of the 20 or so orders this has affected in the last couple weeks, I’m only unable to locate 1 of those.

The rest of the transactions I’m having trouble drawing any lines. None of the times or emails seem to be off. The “Counterparty Status” Ranges from {Unregistered, Unverified, Verified} but seemingly at random.

Disabling ‘Hold Stock’ didn’t appear to fix anything (there was actually more of these problem sales yesterday than the other days. But I’m really not sure it’s due to hold stock being changed)

Any other ideas? I’m getting pretty stumped here but I’ve gotta get to the bottom of this..

Brian
    Keymaster

It is hard to say what the issue is in WooCommerce. We just create a product and do not modify the checkout process. It is possible something in our plugin is causing this, but other issues similar to this were resolved by fixing a setting in PayPal and not changing ort plugin so this would be a bug isolated to you so far.

Do you have you IPN setup for Paypal?

Do all your paypal emails match?

Usually you have logs in this directory:

eventscalendar/wp-content/uploads/wc-logs/

Do they show Paypal completing the payment?

Micheal Abrami
    Participant

Yes, IPN is setup and most the emails of the problem sales do match, only 2-3 that don’t out of 20+.

The only log entries I have in that folder are single line entries reading:

TIMESTAMP - Generating payment form for order ORDERNUMBER. Notify URL: <a href="http://mysite.com/home/wc-api/WC_Gateway_Paypal/" rel="nofollow">http://mysite.com/home/wc-api/WC_Gateway_Paypal/</a>

Could you provide me some insight into the functions responsible for moving orders from pending to the next state, perhaps I can make this process a little more verbose to find out what the problem is.

Brian
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, the order process is all on WooCommerce’s side and we do not have much knowledge on all the functions there. We do almost all the work on the product creation side and not this deep in.

WooCommerce would be a better resource to find out about their plugin.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket stock increasing as people purchase tickets – solution?’ is closed to new replies.