ticket stock increases as people purchase tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus ticket stock increases as people purchase tickets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pasquale
    Participant

Hi I have exactly the same problem discussed here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-stock-increasing-as-people-purchase-tickets/

But I didn’t understand if eventually there’s a solution (some of the posts are private). Our purchasing gateway is only (for now) PayPal: we are not having an error from paypal but the issue may be that we only authorize the transaction, without charging the account (or the credit card) when a customer proceeds on our website because the purchase will be completed (and charged) only when the event is confirmed (and then we send out the tickets).

thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot them with you.

The stock is not increasing from the initial number it is not being decreased either, which is the source of this issue. The calculation for stock adds the existing stock plus tickets sold. Since the stock is not being reduced it looks like it is increasing.

The issue could be because you are authorizing payment and not actually taking payment. So WooCommerce does not register that as a sale and reduce the inventory.

That could be the issue, but also please verify you have the Paypal IPN url in WooCommerce as an error with that connection can also cause this issue as in the thread you linked.

We do have a ticket to look into this issue and see if we can make a change, but it might not be possible if there is no way to change the default behavior of WooCommerce.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Pasquale
    Participant

Hi Brian,

thanks. The problem seems to be strictly connected with how woocommerce manages the PayPal payment.

Indeed, we tried the bank transfer payment method and everything worked just fine: stock decreased properly (while could have had the same issue, since also with the bank transfer payment is not immediate)

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information that is how I see it on my test site as well.

Are you seeing any IPN errors in the Order itself?

Where do you have it set to authorize payment only? (Is that in Paypal itself or a WooCommerce setting)

Pasquale
    Participant

– I don’t see any error in the order (neither in woocommerce, nor in PayPal) in the order notes I read this as first note (I’m translating from italian, don’t if I’m using exact terms): Payment pending: authorization. status of the order has changed from pending payment to paending

with a bank transfer payment the very first note is something like “stock decreasing succeded correctly” …

– the “authorize payment only” option is a woocommerce setting (in the PayPal account settings)

meanwhile I’m googling a bit the issue and it seems I’m not the only one, couldn’t find a solution though.

A guy suggests to use this (his) plug-in: https://wordpress.org/plugins/paypal-for-woocommerce/installation/ to better manage woocommerce&paypal connection. Have you any experience of that?

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info on the notes. It would show a clear error if there was an issue so that looks fine.

I was looking for solutions too and was able to see the issue reported, but no clear resolution.

And I see that setting now, I passed over it before and did not check what the drop down had in it.

I have not had experience with that plugin, but it does seem to be updated regularly and has positive reviews so it could be something to try out.

Pasquale
    Participant

Hi Brian, I’ve also tried to turn off the “Payment Data Transfer” option in woocommerce/paypal setup, but nothing changed. By the way this option (I’ve now reactivated it) allows to bypass all the IPN process.

I’ve been searching a lot on the web, but it seems no solution is to be expected from the woocommerce side… this is a pity, since the stock counting/decreasing is very important to us. Maybe you find something. In case, please let me know.

thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is to bad with WooCommerce. Hopefully something changes on their end about this now that they have been bought out.

I do have a ticket for us to look into ourselves and see if it is something we can do, but I do not know if it is possible nor have a timeline when that might happen.

I would like to have better news for you on this, but that is how it stands right now.

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution to be released in a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket stock increases as people purchase tickets’ is closed to new replies.