Ticket start time not working with event specific timezone

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket start time not working with event specific timezone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

The timezone that is selected for the event is not being used for ticket start and end dates.

The Timezone of the wordpress install is set as UTC. However events can occur across different timezones.
    The event itself is working correctly however the tickets that are on sale are being set at the UTC timezone.

As a result, on the event page, the tickets for a Sydney event are not appearing until 11 hours after they are meant to.

Is there a way to set this to occur automatically. Since we are using the community package, our customers are creating the events and do not know about the timezone issues.

Hunter

Hey Bradley,

Welcome to the premium plugin support forums. I imagine you’re already aware of it’s existence, but please bookmark our Working with timezones tutorial.

Can you send me a screenshot of your WordPress Settings > General > Timezone, Date Format, and Time Format screen? I’ll also need one of your Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screen?

Do you see a section at the bottom of your Events > Settings > General screen similar to this?

One last request: please take a screenshot of the TIME & DATE and ticket section on the add/edit screen of an event showing this incorrect behavior. My goal here is to have my site and ticket settings exactly as you have them in hopes of recreating the issue.

Thanks and have a great rest of your day. Cheers!

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Brad,

Thanks for your patience. We’re unfortunately unable to log into customer sites, so I’ve removed the credentials provided in your last response. Before I test the issue myself, can you please confirm the behavior occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide? This will help identify the exact source of conflict, whether it be ET/ET+, Community Events, etc. Does this issue occur when adding/editing an event on the back-end of your site, or have you only tried on the Community Events Add Event page?

I’ll also need a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screen. To ensure I’m not missing anything obvious, I checked our logged bug reports but am not finding anything resembling what you’ve shared with me. Thanks again and take care.

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Brad,

You make some good points. I don’t think there’s any need for further troubleshooting, rather we most likely need to make an adjustment on our side.

Having the ticket start/end sale dates respect the event timezone certainly seems like a solid approach that would work in most cases, though we will need to have a bit of a brainstorm on our side just to think through any non-obvious cases where that might be problematic.

I’m logging a bug report for this and will attach this forum topic to it, so that we can easily drop an update in here once any fix we come up with has shipped in a future update.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Brad!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket start time not working with event specific timezone’ is closed to new replies.