Ticket Sales Window Closed

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Sales Window Closed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathi
    Participant

Please reference closed thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-sales-window-closed/#post-1332152

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to do this. I understand how to create the template override, but I have no idea how I’m supposed to use the function to create the message.

We don’t have an upcoming event that I can use as an example, but here is a past event, which has a great “This event is already past” message. Where that is shown, I would like it to say, “The ticket sales window is not open for the event at this time.” If there’s a way to key it to “not yet open” or “has already closed” based on the relative date, that would be great. If not, we’d settle for at least having a that general message indicating that the person is trying to buy tickets at a time when they are not available.

Mahalo!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Kathi,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can use the function to check to see if the tickets are currently on sale for an event, and if not, then display a specific message, like this:

I added in ‘tribe_events_has_tickets’ to the condition so that this will only apply to events that actually have tickets on them.

You can change “MY CUSTOM MESSAGE” to the message you would like to display and add this snippet into the template where you would like the message to display. Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Kathi
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I tried this, but something’s not working. I think maybe I’m inserting it
    in the wrong place, or I’m missing a tag… When I drop it in immediately
    after where the ticket price appears, in the notices section, the entire
    event disappears. (The page shows up blank.)

This is the page code. Do you have any suggestions where I should place it,
    or what I might be missing?

<a href="”>

<?php the_title( '

‘, ‘

‘ );
    ?>

<?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details( $event_id, '

‘, ‘

); ?>

<div id="tribe-events-header" >

<div id="post-” >

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Kathi,

I don’t think all of the code you pasted in came through (posting code in WordPress can be a bit of a pain sometimes). One thing to note is that you would want to remove the opening and closing php tags ( <?php and ?> ) if you are placing it within another php block. But, I went ahead and added it into the template for you, so you can replace the entire template with this one. That should add the message directly under the price (see screenshot).

Let me know how that works for you!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Sales Window Closed’ is closed to new replies.