Ticket sale end time is askew

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket sale end time is askew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sonya
    Participant

Hello – I am using the Events Calendar with Events Ticket Plus. In the last month or so, my ticket date is askew, the time for stopping the ticket sales are stopping a day earlier than it’s supposed to.

For example, I have an event on Wednesday April 4th from 6-9pm. I have set the parameter for the tickets to be stopped at 2pm on that day. However, the “add to cart” for the ticket functionality disappears and is not visible on the page at all for that day. Therefore, I have to go in to the Products/All Products/Tickets/Edit Ticket/Advanced/End Sale and change the date to April 4th, 11:00 pm so that the ticket will still be visible (which is really not convenient if someone ends up signing up at 5:30, it just make out registration a bit confusing).

I have checked my time settings on my WordPress site and everything is alright. It never used to happen like this until a few weeks ago. Can you please let me know if there is a new setting that I may have overlooked….?
    ( please do not respond telling me to read the documentation, as I have done this …. a lot!). Thanks!

Hi Sonya,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, can you try updating all of your Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions?

After doing so, you can create a new test event so that you can see if the functionality has returned.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Sonya
    Participant

I have updated everything with TEC, Event Tickets plugins etc., and I am still having this issue. In order for my tickets to be sold on the DAY of the event, I have to change to time of the end of sale to the next day (it started doing this about a month ago). It’s really strange and I have checked the time in my settings in WordPress (again) and it not the issue there. My time format is correct. Please advise.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Sonya.

Hi Sonya,

Can you take a screenshot of what that ticket looks like on the backend?  You can find this by going to that Edit Event page and scroll down to the ticket.

Can you test this scenario with a new event as well, since you have recently updated your plugins?

Also, does this occur on all of your events, or just on certain events?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Sonya
    Participant

Hello Jaime, thank you. I have spent countless, countless hours trying to resolve this issue, activated/deactivated plugins, theme updates etc. I don’t see this as a problem with other plugins, this is an issue with the tickets portion of the TEC.

This happens with all my events and as documented before, it’s started happening within the last month or so. The window of time for this issue is limited, I can only tell on the day of the event when this happens, because the TICKETS (add to cart) area of the event page disappears. It only appears if I set the time to stop ticket sales to the next day.

I have to manually go into the event area to change the time ending to the next day, which in very inconvenient.
    (I go to Dashboard/Events/(event page)/Tickets/Edit (Click on Pencil)/Edit Ticket/Advanced/
    Please see screen shot.

I have also checked the settings in Woocommerce (although that should not matter since this is clearly a ticketing time issue.) But I checked on the WooCommerce side anyway.

That’s my update, I hope this helps clarify my issue here.
    Thanks!

Hi Sonya,

Do you see the same results if you set up a new test ticket?  I’m unable to replicate the results, as things to seem to be working as expected for me.  Can you take a screenshot of what a full ticket looks like on the backend?

Can you also send me your updated system information in a private reply.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket sale end time is askew’ is closed to new replies.