Ticket Quantities Error Still Present

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Quantities Error Still Present

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m writing as a follow up to the ticket below:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-quantities-error-for-duplicate-events/

This issue was shown to be updated in the latest release and we are running latest versions of all plugins and theme however it appears to still be happening. Please see screen grabs attached.

QTY of tickets according to the inventory should be 24 and there are none sold however QTY on the front end shows as only 10 being available.

Any ideas?

thank you.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again Lauren,

I see there were 2 issues flagged in your other ticket.

One was that the Start Sale Date/Time of a ticket doesn’t save. This issue has been resolved, it’s not present any more. This is what my colleague, Victor was referring to. I’m sorry that this wasn’t clear in the other thread.

The other report was about the duplication. That is an issue with the 3rd party duplication plugin that you are using and thus it is beyond our reach and our support.

The issue stems from that the event itself has a metadata about ticket sales and when you duplicate an event, that field also gets duplicated by Post Duplicator. So even if you create the tickets from scratch, that field will be there.

The same thing also happens with another plugin, I reported that to the plugin author already here. I would recommend you to send this to the developer of Post Duplicator and see if he can make the adjustment so that the ‘_tribe_progressive_ticket_current_number’ meta data doesn’t get duplicated.

Hope this helps and sorry about the confusion.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant

Thank you for explaining this Andras. So basically no matter which plugin is used, event duplication will cause issues with Ticket Quantities.

2 questions.
    1. Are you guys working on a way to easily duplicate events with tickets as surely this is a common request?

2. Is there any work around so my client can somehow edit quantities of the events he already duplicated so it will work? Eg changing ticket qty in woo or something??? Or are you saying the only way I can get it to work is to go in and recreate each of these events from scratch? there are many events that replicate each term so I need an easy way around this for him.

Thank you

L

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Yes, basically the issue is the same with all duplication plugins.

What you can do is after duplicating an event you go to your database and manually delete the ‘_tribe_progressive_ticket_current_number’ entry for that event in the wp_postmeta table.

Or you cajole the 3rd party plugin developers to implement that in their plugin. 🙂

1. We are toying with the idea of creating something that would allow the duplication of events, possibly venues and organizers as well. But not tickets. We are still in the exploratory phase of this and there is no timeline set, so it can still take a while.

2. There is no workaround for this at the moment unfortunately. What you can do is what I described above, manually delete that entry.

I have a thought on this though. If there would be a button on the edit event screen that would delete this entry for you, would that help? ( I’ll explore it a bit and will let you know.)

A.

Lauren
    Participant

Hi András,

Thanks for the reply and for the suggestions. That really helps!

Editing the database does sound a bit full on – definitely something I’d need to do rather than my client – so basically are you saying that would clear the all the ticket info for that entry? Or just the number of tickets sold? It sounds like this might be my only option at this stage. The client won’t be happy about having to recreate all the courses again from scratch so at least this keeps some of the info.

The button on the entry screen sounds like an awesome idea! Again… do you see that it would perhaps clear the ticket sales info but keeps everything else such as price etc? If that could work it would be a game changer for us and I’m sure other users who need to duplicate paid events would find it valuable too.

Many thanks.

Lauren

Andras
    Keymaster

I would only recommend deleting that line right after you duplicate the event.

If you delete it for an event that already has some sales, that could cause some serious misalignment in sales data, which is nearly impossible to undo.

There is more information saved with the tickets (price for example is saved with the tickets and not with the event), but if you are not duplicating the tickets themselves, but creating them from scratch, you should be safe.

Please note that this is a kind of a hack, so I cannot guarantee that it works 100% as intended, and we cannot recover data if something goes wrong. I would recommend you to test this approach first on a test site and if you feel comfortable that it works and it suites your needs, then implement the approach on your live site. And create regular backups. 🙂

A.

Lauren
    Participant

Cool. Understood. The less we have to create from scratch the better so I’ll give it a go on a test site if the client approves.

Thanks for your help.

Lauren

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, I will leave this thread open still, so you can report back how the testing went.

If there is no movement here for 3 weeks, then it will be closed automatically. If you still need help after that, then you simply create a new topic and reference this one if needed.

Hope all goes well.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant

Thanks Andras!

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing! Looking forward to hearing about your results.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant

Hi there – am still waiting for approval from the client to go ahead and try this so please leave ticket open a little longer. Thank you L

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing, I’ll be here.

I will set the status to pending fix for now, so the ticket doesn’t get closed.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren, just wanted to ping you if you still need help with this issue or not. I would be happy to receive a reply.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren
    Participant

Hi Andrs – sorry for the radio silence. I was unable to get approval to proceed with the mod so if you need to close off the ticket thats cool. I do have other clients using the plugin so may come back to this at a later date.

cheers

L

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sorry to hear you didn’t get approval.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need help with anything else then open a new ticket on our support portal:

https://support.theeventscalendar.com/

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Quantities Error Still Present’ is closed to new replies.