Ticket purchase iframe disappears from eventbrite event days before event ends

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket purchase iframe disappears from eventbrite event days before event ends

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jaymutzafi
    Participant

Hi,

I am having a similar problem only sometimes it happens a few hours before, and sometimes even days ahead!

This event is for May 6 and the iframe already disappeared. This has been happening often, and most are days ahead of time.

You can see the same event on EB and see that ticket sales are indeed still available until May 6th.

Please advise.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks so much Jay for opening a new topic and double checking the end date.

This is definitely odd. In my research now I found one other instance of this in the past, and it was a Javascript error. But that is clearly not the case here.

There is one important thing to do as our next step. Depending on your website sometimes it can be a bit of a pain, and I apologize in advance if this is a pain for you. I would not ask if it did not appear essential to narrowing down the problem. Could you try testing if this is a conflict, as outlined in this guide? It’s three steps, and many people can run through them in about 5 minutes.

If there is not a conflict, would you be open to sharing your Eventbrite API Key? Definitely share it in a private reply if you are open to this. With that, I will try importing this event into my stock website and seeing if the form appears.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist along the way. Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

Hi Brooke,

I have tried testing for conflict, I could disable all plugins except for “Groups” which brakes the site completely if I turn it off. all the others plus the theme has not solved the problem.

As for the API key, I can’t find my eventbrite login but can’t seem to find the key in any setting area in the plugin either. was this something I originally had to use or do I only use event ID for import regardless of api integration?

Jay

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Jay,

You should be able to get the Eventbrite API key just by clicking on this link. It will also be the My Profile section of your WordPress install, near the bottom of that page. Are you now able to find it?

Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

This reply is private.

jaymutzafi
    Participant

Any update?

Brook
    Participant

Sorry Jay! I ran out of time yesterday to hit all the responses that came in over the weekend. I am trying the import now with your API key. I will report back with an hour.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Alright Jay,

I was just able to import that event on an install with your API key, and the ticket area showed properly.

Could you go that event in WordPress, click Edit Event, then scroll down to the ticket area? Does it show the Community Meeting ticket, and an “End sales” date of “2015-05-06”. I know it shows those things on Eventbrite.com, but I am wondering if your WordPress install shows the same.

After doing the above, could you try moving the event to the trash in WordPress, emptying it from the trash, then reimporting it? That could help narrow the problem further. If you are able to import it and it works, then at least we have a temporary solution as well.

Thanks Jay. As ever let me know if you have any questions along the way, or if anything was unclear. I definitely want to be of assistance wherever I can.

Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

Hi,

The event time & date says those start and end date, but lower on the page where it has the eventbrite logo and says tickets, it says:

—–
    Register this event with eventbrite.com? Yes No (no is checked)
    Note: The Eventbrite API does not yet support recurring events, so all instances of recurring events will be associated with a single Eventbrite event.
    Note: Eventbrite requires you enter an organizer. If you neglect to enter an organizer, your display name will be passed as the organizer name to Eventbrite
    Cost:✳
    Include Fee in Price:✳ Add Service Fee on top of price
    Include Service fee in price

——

This doesn’t look right, yes?

I will try also delete and reimport but let me know about the above.

Brook
    Participant

That is not right, and definitely the source of the problem. That really helps narrow matters down. Thank you! It would seem that first of all reimporting this event will fix it.

Do you have any other admins on the site? When one of them edits an event, but either does not have an EventBrite API key or has one that is not authorized by EventBrite to make changes to that event, then the event becomes decoupled from Eventbrite. When it’s decoupled tickets will no longer appear because it is no longer an EventBrite event in WordPress’ eyes. This is certainly annoying, and we are adding a nice warning in 3.10 in scenarios where this might happen, asking users if they are sure they want to decouple the event. One permanent fix to avoid this in the future is to make sure every admin shares the same EventBrite key, and make sure that each of them has it in the Profile as an empty one can also cause problems.

There are also some possible hypothetical scenarios where the event can be decoupled. But, usually it is another admin on the site. Does that sound like it might be the source of your problem?

Does that all make sense? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

jaymutzafi
    Participant

This sounds mostly right as we have multiple admin accounts but the main person handling the site and events is very certain no one else has made any edits and the account they use is the main admin account which has the api key.

Looks like events don’t have revision history like posts do so I can’t check if anyone else actually changed the event page or not.

Not sure how to proceed.

Brook
    Participant

Could you try getting all those folks to use the same API key? If that’s not an option, you could swap around user permission so that only the one admin who needs to can edit events. Either option would almost definitely stop this from happening in the future. There is very little doubt that some form of edit, whether it is bulk or perhaps incidental edits made from another plugin to the posts database is causing this issue. So if everyone shares the same key, or if folks are prevented from making edits, it should fic the problem.

Longer term, event 3.10 will slo help by notifying people when this is about to happen.

Will one of those options work?

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has been inactive for a spell we are going to archive it. Please note, if you need anything else or something is not yet resolved please open a new topic. We would love to help!

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket purchase iframe disappears from eventbrite event days before event ends’ is closed to new replies.