Ticket numbers duplicating again + tickets emailing before completion of order

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket numbers duplicating again + tickets emailing before completion of order

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    saha
    Participant

I have always had the issue of ticket numbers duplicating which I think is supposed to be fixed in some future upgrade but this is a real problem – particularly when the same person gets 3 of the same ticket numbers.

I also have a customer who has received these duplicated ticket numbers and her order hasn’t even been completed yet – why have the tickets even been emailed?

Could you please get back to me if you have found a way to stop the ticket number duplication and also advise what we can do about tickets being emailed if the order is not completed.

saha
    Participant

I have one customer who purchased 20 tickets and all 20 tickets have the same ticket number.

saha
    Participant

It’s also become clear that everyone who has bought a ticket has had them emailed – I have not completed a single order as yet. Also the ticket image has not gone as part of the email.

Cliff

Saha, sorry you’re unhappy with how things are working at the moment. Hopefully I’ll be able to help you understand how/why something’s happening or fix something if it really is broken in some way.

FYI: In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread; thanks for your understanding.

1. Here’s how your WooCommerce orders with multiple tickets should look: https://cl.ly/1M000S2U0g2H — note where there is the same order number (3 tickets purchased in a single order) and yet the ticket numbers (not the order number) are unique. Note that this extension is available to highlight where there are multiple tickets purchased in a single order, along with a button to expand/collapse them.
    2. You should go to wp-admin > Events > Settings > Tickets tab and make sure your settings are what you want them to be, like this: https://cl.ly/0N1H2t2u1L3m
    3. The ticket’s featured image should be coming through, per this code: https://github.com/moderntribe/event-tickets/blob/4.4.8/src/views/tickets/email.php#L240-L244 — however, the event’s featured image is not coded to be displayed. You could make this customization yourself via our Themer’s Guide, but I also logged it as an internal feature request for our developers to consider.

I tested #3 and it does not currently work even if a WooCommerce ticket Product does have a featured image set (i.e. the ticket image).

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

saha
    Participant

Hi Cliff, Thanks for the reply but I just need to clarify.

In relation to (1) the duplicate ticket numbers are you saying there is a fix or there isn’t? If there is what do I have to do to fix it because this has been a problem for me from the first day I ever used Woo Tickets.

I would like to add that if this fix is a long time in the future – I’ve been putting up with it now for about 2 years – could we make it so you can at least manually change the ticket numbers to correct them so that you don’t have to go in and cancel every single order with duplicated tickets and reissue them all. It takes hours to fix.

(3) It seems the ticket images are now working on the tickets – no idea why.

Cliff

1) This isn’t a confirmed issue. Have you ever tested without any WooCommerce extensions and all other plugins disabled?

3) The ticket images were not working for me so I logged the bug, but I’m glad to hear they are working for you.

saha
    Participant

Actually Cliff this is a confirmed issue – you yourself confirmed it the last time I reported it: Cliff
    December 14, 2016| Permalink
    CORRECT ANSWER?
    Saha, thanks for the update.

I’ve discussed your situation directly with our dev/planning team and the best I can offer right now is an update that, looking more deeply into this, there’s not a snippet we can provide to fix this. Also, we won’t be able to start on this until 2017. It seems to be a bit of an edge case, but I did bump up the priority so it hopefully gets addressed ASAP.

Have a look at my previous support threads where I have reported this time and again. Like I said if you can’t fix it, at least make it so I can manually change the ticket numbers to fix it instead of having to cancel orders and reissue.

Cliff

From my Nov 12 response:

The order numbers are sequential and could, in theory, get duplicated if multiple people are buying tickets at nearly the exact same time and while your site is trying to get a response from get_post_meta() and update_post_meta().

My searching through our internal bug reports didn’t find the previously-logged bug report, but now I did (I added the keyword “duplicate” that wasn’t there before — it was “same” before).

So I guess I should say we haven’t replicated the issue. I will point out that no other users have reported this happening, but I do think it’s a valid concern for the sake of hardening our plugin for high-traffic sites. A developer said they might be able to get to it within 1-3 months (but not a guarantee). I know that’s not what you want to hear, but I’m passing along a realistic expectation instead of saying “soon” and having you guess that might mean “2 days”.

That being said, if you’re concerned about supporting such high-traffic activity, I’d strongly suggest upgrading from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7, as recommended by https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/. And I see you’re on WP Engine. They heavily cache many things; I don’t know if that would be relevant in this situation but I wanted to share it as a possibility before I forgot about it.

You might also benefit from investigating this further on your own with the help of a developer familiar with our plugin suite.

I’ve tried to be as transparent as possible here; hopefully it helps in some way.

saha
    Participant

Given that it’s been promised before that someone would look into this, don’t worry I would never think 2 days would ever have been on the table.

Of course I’m concerned – every time we run an event I have to cancel orders and redo them because the ticket numbers duplicate. I’m also not sure what you mean by high traffic – this happens when 2 people are ordering tickets at the same time – that’s hardly high traffic.

As soon as I can find another plugin that does ticket sales and works with Woocommerce I will be changing to it. In the meantime I just have to put up with it.

Cliff

I understand and personally sympathize with your situation.

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a tweak for the ticket email to show the ticket product image when no ticket header image has been set.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

In addition to the previous follow ups, I wanted to share that a new release is out, adding the ‘tribe_tickets_email_ticket_image’ filter that allows for easier ticket image customization in the tickets email.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-29-july-2018/

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket numbers duplicating again + tickets emailing before completion of order’ is closed to new replies.