Ticket Not Created Automatically

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket Not Created Automatically

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ruth
    Participant

i add a new test, still not working even if i select “none” for the payment.. but i do select “live” for the event status

Ruth
    Participant

another situation, i setup an event with free tickets, the event is saved

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ruth/Joell,

I think I may have figured out what the problem is. Eventbrite requires a Country for a Venue but for some reason you are not seeing an error which you should. Can you try to create an event or two, specifying the country and state to test my theory? I tried it locally and without inputting a country, I would get an error and the ticket would not be created. I tried this a few times. As soon as I selected a country and state, it worked.

Obviously that you are not seeing an error is another problem, but let’s first get this other issue out of the way. Let me know if that works.

And just to verify, you are running the latest version of the Eventbrite addon and not an older beta or anything like that correct?

Cheers,
    Jonah

Ruth
    Participant

i didn’t select any country and i didn’t see any error.
    also the ticket is not created..

the previous ticket i tried where i encountered errors, the country and state are specified..

any other errors that may cause the issue on the ticket?

what are the required fields on the eventbrite side? how about the amount of ticket?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Joell/Ruth,

Sorry about the delay on this. I’m taking a look at it again and I see it doesn’t seem to be related to the country because now when I’ve got a country selected, the ticket does not get sent to EB even after saving over and over again…

I’m wondering if there’s a plugin/theme conflict going on. Can you try deactivating all other plugins to see this is this has any effect? If that doesn’t do anything, can you try switching to another theme? I know, it’s not an ideal process but these are the steps we need to take to troubleshoot. I’m happy to do it myself if you give me the go ahead. Maybe you could even setup a dev copy of the site?

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,
    Jonah

simon cowling
    Participant

Hi we are also getting the same issue, that the ticket is no being create automatically.
    Originally (last week) it was working correctly however it does not seem to be functioning any more. Have eventbrite perhaps made a change to their api or something?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Simon, sorry to hear about this. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or switching your theme to see if there is a conflict going on?

John
    Participant

I am having this same issue.

I go through the event creation process and enter all the ticket information via WP.

When I publish the event, it gives me an error saying no Ticket was created for the event.

I then have to go to Eventbrite and manually create the ticket there, then save then event there.

Once I do that, the ticket information shows up correctly in WP.

But for some reason the ticket information created in WP during the event creation process is not being passed to Eventbrite correctly.

Eventbrite seems to have different options for tickets, too, so maybe they did change something on their end and your API calls might need to be updated?

Rob

Sorry that this one slipped through the cracks, John. I’d be happy to help you out best I can if this issue still persists, though. Are you finding that this still occurs with the 1.0.2 update that was launched earlier this week? If so please let me know and I’ll work to troubleshoot as needed. Thanks for your patience so far.

Mari
    Participant

Having the same exact issue as John above (June 24,2012)
    I have all the latest versions of Eventbrite and Event Calendar Pro as well as the correct API key. I have disabled additional plugins one by one and still the ticket portion won’t transfer. I cant choose a different theme unfortunately at this point. This is an issue that has cropped up recently (within the last 3 weeks for me) as previously tickets were transferred over to Eventbrite with no problems at all. I am with John, something has changed on the Eventbrite side. Would it be possible to investigate the Eventbrite side to see if there have been recent changes on their end?

John
    Participant

I tried updating everything to the latest versions (Events Clandar, Pro, and EventBrite Add on).

Now when I create a ticket and try to save the post, the little “saving” graphic appears and just continues to spin. The save never completes. I even left it for a few hours the other day and when I came back it was still spinning like that.

It seems like something in the ticket creation process is not communicating properly with EventBrite.

Mari
    Participant

The ticket are now transferring if you choose the DATE TO START TICKET SALES for the next day (not using the date of input or (today’s date)) and DATE TO END TICKET SALES as the day before your event (not using the actual day of the event)
    So in other words 🙂 It works if you don’t actually use today’s date for START or the actual event date for END. It does transfer the ticket as a draft in Eventbrite even if you choose LIVE in the WP settings – so I am anxiously waiting to see if the ticket appears tomorrow as LIVE.

Hope this helps some 🙂

Rob

Hey guys. Thanks for the updates here, and for explaining the situation so succinctly. Definitely sounds like something is up and as Jonah is out for the next month, I’ll do what I can to assist.

Mari’s point is correct, and in re-reading John’s situation (and attempting this myself) I think that’s the cause here. (In my tests my event was scheduled for August 30, with ticket sales from August 1 – 10, and it worked fine). Ticket sales need to start and end at least 1 day before the event itself takes place. In addition, ticket sales cannot end before they start.

John: could this be the cause of your issue?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Not Created Automatically’ is closed to new replies.