Ticket Fieldsets Do Not Appear Unless you Toggle Quantity

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Fieldsets Do Not Appear Unless you Toggle Quantity

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hello Modern Tribe Support Folks:

I have noticed with a recent upgrade of the ticket plus software that the Ticket Field Sets that I use for all of our tickets do not appear unless you toggle the quantity of the tickets purchased. I ran across this because I had added “minimum quantity code” to Woocommerce which was “1”. We only want a single ticket purchased. (That actually caused some issues with Woocommerce products that were outside of Event Tickets that jumped the quantity to “2”. Probably another support ticket.). I noticed that before I took out the minimum quantity code, that the field sets were not appearing. People could just click on “Add to Cart” and not have to fill out field sets (which are required). Then I toggled the quantity and the field set appeared and “required” me to fill out before I could add to cart. Then I took off the “Minimum Quantity” code. Now all quantity’s are back to “0” by default and the customer must toggle to “1” or more before the Field Set appears. The other problem is that they can go to any quantity, but we can only have “1” per customer because we need field set information for each client. I hope I am making sense.
    So in an ideal world I would like to see:
    -Field sets always required by default (not having to toggle quantity for them to show)
    -Minimum quantities set at “1” which match Woocommerce products outside of Event Tickets (Other products go to “2” when Event Ticket’s is “1”)
    I am hopeful you guys can help. You have been terrific to work with since we signed on.

Thank you.

Ron….

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

To start off, what method were you using to set a minimum quantity for your tickets?

You can try the following WooCommerce snippet to see if that works for you:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/adjust-the-quantity-input-values/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

Yes, the code I was using is identical to the one in the link you sent. Just now, I adjusted everything to max quantity of “1”, under both the input value and the variation. But now, it defaults to quantity of 1 all around and takes away, completely, the Quantity adjustment toggle under Event Tickets Plus. So Now, without toggling the quantity the Field Sets will not appear. As I mentioned before, it appears it is required to toggle the quantity before the field sets appear. How can I make sure the field sets appear without toggling quantity? For us, the field sets are necessary prerequisites in order to register for the classes/get a ticket.

I really appreciate your help in this. Hope you are having a fabulous day.

Ron….

Hi Ron,

Can you try the method provided in the following article instead?  I just tested the functionality myself and it works to leave the field sets available as desired:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/handling-ticket-quantities/

Thanks,

Jaime

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jamie:

I followed the directions to the tee and it doesn’t seem to work. I tried sevel different things. I copied the .php file from the plugin to the wootickets in Child Theme, but that took away ALL of the ordering capability. Then I made a copy of the file with the new Minimum Quantity, but the quantity still remains at 0. Another problem that I am noticing it that, if they users don’t toggle the quantity to “1” the Add to Cart button is active and it takes them to cart, but it does not add the ticket to the cart, so they have to navigate back to event again, and then hopefully see that they have to toggle quantity and then field sets appear. I really was hoping this would work, but it did not. Can you help?

Ron….

Hi Ron,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with this functionality.

As a first step, can you make sure that all of your Events Calendar related plugins are up to date?

After doing so,

let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

Thanks again for working with me on this. I will definitely run the tests again (disabling plugins, Themes, etc.). However, I really want to verify the process you used to test that worked and compare to what I have done that did not work.
    Here is what I did:
    I made a copy of the tickets.php file from /event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/
    After I downloaded the file, I changed the quantity- Here is that part of the downloaded tickets.php file:
    is_sold_individually() ? 1 : $max_quantity;
    $available = $ticket->available();

$input = woocommerce_quantity_input( array(
    ‘input_name’ => ‘quantity_’ . $ticket->ID,
    ‘input_value’ => 1,
    ‘min_value’ => 0,
    ‘max_value’ => $max_quantity,
    ), null, false );

$is_there_any_product_to_sell = true;
    $disabled_attr = disabled(
    I then created a new directory in my Child theme- /themes/afclearningchildtheme/wootickets
    I placed the file I downloaded and changed into the above directory. (Remember, there is still the original tickets.php file in-/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php . I did not remove that).

This is what I thought the knowledgebase article said to do, but wanted to verify with you.
    However, after this did not work, I moved the entire tickets.php file out of the /event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/ and into /themes/YOUR_THEME/wootickets. When I did that, any ability to order (Add to Cart) completely disappeared. This makes me wonder if there is a problem with the directory in the child theme? Should I have event-tickets-plus directory in the child theme as well?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again for helping out with this.

Ron….

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

Please be sure to read my reply above, but I just wanted you to know that I deactivated all of the plugins except the Modern Tribe plugins and Woocommerce and switched to Theme Twenty-Sixteen. The problem persists. So I am hopeful that after reading the above post we might find a clue to what is going wrong.

Thanks for all of your help.

Ron….

Hi Ron,

You should leave the plugin code as is, and the code you add to your theme will be used to overwrite it, which is why you saw a loss of functionality there.

You can also try the Javascript code in the same article and add that to your functions.php file instead.

Thanks,
    Jaime

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

It just seems like the Themes directory (Child Theme) is not recognizing the code. Even when I copied the entire tickets.php file from the Plugins side to the Child theme side, it totally disabled everything (being able to order, etc.). That makes me think there is a directory issue here. Right now it is Themes/Child Theme/wootickets/tickets.php. Should there not be another directory in there somewhere? What was the directory sequence you used when you tested this and it worked?

Thanks again for sticking with me on this.

Ron…

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

Another new development. I took out the tickets.php from the child theme and added the code to the functions.php and that does not work either. Everything else in that functions.php file works fine. And anything outside of Events Tickets Plus in Woocommerce has a quantity of 1. It is just the Events Tickets that we cannot change the default quantity, no matter what method we try. I even disabled all plugins and switched to twenty-sixteen. Nothing. Do you think it could be the Field Sets which are driving the quantity defaults to “0”?

Would love to get to the bottom of this soon.

Ron….

Hi Ron,

I created a folder in my theme called tribe-events, and then a folder within that called wootickets, and then copied and pasted the tickets.php into there, so the file path is:

YOUR-THEME/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

And this is the code I changed there:

$input = woocommerce_quantity_input( array(
    'input_name' => 'quantity_' . $ticket->ID,
    'input_value' => 1,
    'min_value' => 0,
    'max_value' => $max_quantity,
    ), null, false );

Thanks,
    Jaime

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Jaime:

Finally, it is working. The new file path that you sent was the correct one. I figured there had to be a directory or two before /wootickets. So the Knowledgebase article you first sent is wrong for both the file path and the JavaScript code. Neither of those worked. Please correct the knowledgebase so the next person that comes along can fix it relatively easily.

Thanks for sticking with me through all of this. This was a big trouble spot for client and we plan to launch site in a week or two.

I absolutely love Modern Tribe stuff when we get it working properly. In fact, I am starting another project with Calendar Pro and Tickets Plus soon.

Have a terrific evening.

Ron….

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Fieldsets Do Not Appear Unless you Toggle Quantity’ is closed to new replies.