Ticket Custom Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Ticket Custom Fields

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions, so please bear with me.

1) Is there any easy way to create a recurring instance of an Event with a seperate location to the original event?

if it’s not

2) Is it possible to create custom fields to associate with Tickets (we have also purchased the Events Tickets Plus plugin) such as Location, Date etc?

We have tried creating a specific field set using Advanced Custom Fields and assigning it to the Ticket custom post type, but they fail to display when adding/editing an event.

Many thanks.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Welcome back and nice to see you again!

Good question. Yes, you can edit any single instance of a recurring event and change the venue for it.

Keep in mind, however, that editing an event in a recurring series removes it from the series.

That’s actually a good thing in this case because recurring events do not support tickets at this time. That means breaking the event out of the series will allow you to create tickets for that event.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

So what you’re saying is, to have recurring events with different locations we may as well just create a seperate event altogether?

How about my question on the Tickets custom field options?

2) Is it possible to create custom fields to associate with Tickets (we have also purchased the Events Tickets Plus plugin) such as Location, Date etc?

Cheers.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Yes, that is correct. Setting a different location for an instance in a recurring series will require the event to be edited and editing an instance will break it from the series.

Yes, you can use custom fields on tickets:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

However, what I was suggesting in my last reply is that recurring events do not support tickets — so, either way, your instance will need to be broken from recurring series to either edit the location or support ticketing.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m asking here Geoff.

Instead of adding fields to the ticket purchase form process, we want to be able to assign fields to the ticket object itself.

That way we won’t need to create a recurring event at all, we can just create multiple ticket types for the one event which has different properties (i.e location, date, price etc)

Can you please let me know if this is possible?

As I mentioned, we tried creating a custom field set using ACF and assigning it to the ‘Ticket’ post type, but when we create a new event, none of the custom fields display when adding a new ticket type.

Thanks.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for clarifying what you’re looking for.

I believe you should be able to assign ACF fields to a ticket, but it’s worth noting that Tickets are not post types in and of themselves. They are actually a category of the Product post type registered by WooCommerce. If you are trying to add ACF fields to a ticket, then I would attempt to do so by applying the field to the Product post type instead.

Going this route I believe will also require you to go modify the loop or templates that generates the ticket on the front end so that the custom field content/data will display.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.