Ticket 'Buy Now' button redirects to website homepage instead of PayPal checkout

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket 'Buy Now' button redirects to website homepage instead of PayPal checkout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    greatoak
    Participant

Hello. I am trying to solve a problem where the ‘Buy Now’ button on my single event pages redirects users to the site’s home page when it should be redirecting to the PayPal checkout. I’ve configured the success page with the required shortcode and I’ve setup the PayPal business account following the steps listed in the configuration instructions including setting IPNs, notification URL, Auto Return, Payment Data Transfer (on). Any ideas???

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Travis!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I’m sorry to hear you are having that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

I’ve just had a look at your site and tested the Buy Now button. It looks like there could be a conflict with your theme, another plugin or even some custom code. To make sure we are not dealing with a conflict, please go through the steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts guide and see if you can reproduce the same issue under default conditions.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

greatoak
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I ran through the troubleshooting checklist before submitting the ticket and was able to replicate the issue on the twenty-sixteen theme with all other plugins disabled.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Travis,

Thanks for following up with this.

I ran some tests on my end but I’m not able to reproduce it.

Could you please try creating a new event and ticket while still under default conditions (using a default theme and only our plugins active) and see if any difference?

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

greatoak
    Participant

Hello there,
    I was wondering if there are discount codes that can be applied to events
    on my WordPress site?

Thanks,

Travis Smith

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Travis,

There is no built-in functionality to create discounts that could be applied to tickets. However, if you choose to sell tickets using WooCommerce, you can create coupon codes to acomplish that. You can learn more about it in https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/coupon-management/

Were you able to solve the Buy Now button issue? Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket 'Buy Now' button redirects to website homepage instead of PayPal checkout’ is closed to new replies.