Ticket box not showing up on front end / Option missing from backend

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket box not showing up on front end / Option missing from backend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bryan
    Participant

As others have mentioned, the Eventbrite tickets are not showing up on the front end of the site. I’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, reset everything, and also tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin. Everything worked prior to the 4.1.1 upgrade.

Since the upgrade; The option to Display tickets on event page , along with everything else in the Eventbrite Ticket section is missing.

Also: Instead of the “Leave this event associated with eventbrite.com” option, it now only reads “Register this event.”

I’ve tried setting up the event directly on Eventbrite first, and then importing the Event ID. I’ve also tried setting it up on the website first and then registering it with Eventbrite.

Nico

Howdy Bryan,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. As you say this is an issue we have been seeing lately in the forums. We are actively looking into the various reports by our users but we still are not able to find any bugs on our codebase.

Can you please check if the EventBrite API is correctly configured an authorized? You can see that in WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Add-on APIs, look for the EventBrite details and click the ‘Get Authorization’ button. If this doesn’t return a success message, then you might need to create new credentials on the EventBrite site and re-configure those.

From other threads were I’m helping users with EventBrite issues, this one does seems to be a bit different.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Bryan
    Participant

Nico,

Already checked, re-checked, and re-entered. Each time produced a successful authorization.

Were you able to seen the screenshot I included showing the part that’s missing in the WP dashboard?

Bryan

Nico

Bryan,

No, please upload it to a service like http://cloudup.com/ and send me the link (in a private reply if you prefer it not be publicly visible).

Thanks,
    Nico

Bryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for sending that over Bryan!

Have you tried downgrading the plugin to version 4.1? Here’s an article that explains the process: Downgrading a plugin to a past version. Hopefully this will get the functionality back and we can take a look into this without rush.

Please let me know if that helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Bryan
    Participant

Nico,
    I see that you’ve put out another upgrade yesterday: “The Events Calendar 4.1.1.1 is now available and we strongly recommend you update. This release includes two patches that make the plugin much more secure.”

If I downgrade to the previous version, we will not have the benefit of this “strongly recommended” security patch.

I also noticed there are still a lot of complaints regarding the ticket box not working. Do you have an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved?

Bryan

Gessy
    Participant

I’m having the same exact issue. This is so frustrating.

The event shows up just fine right after import but when I edit it (say, change the featured image), the association with Eventbrite gets removed and the only option is to register it as a new event.

Gessy
    Participant

Upon further observation, I found out that it affects all the imported events and not just the one I’ve updated recently. I imported several events and viewed all of them one by one. The ticket information is present on each page. However, when I imported another, updated the categories and published it then viewed the event page, the ticket information isn’t there anymore. I checked the others and all ticket information are also gone.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Gessy.
    Gessy
    Participant

UPDATE: I checked the event pages again and the ticket information is back. It seems like the communication between the plugin and Eventbrite isn’t stable. It comes and goes.

Gessy
    Participant

UPDATE: The ticket info went missing again but I found a solution which is possibly just a temporary fix but it should keep things in order while we wait for a more permanent solution. I just went through the authorization process once again and it seem to have updated all the imported events to be connected with Eventbrite again. The tickets are now displayed once again.

Hopefully, we’ll get a more permanent solution.

Nico

Thanks for following up folks!

Bryan, it seems that downgrading yields the same results. And as you note the security fixes in 4.1.1.1 are something that invalidate a bit this. I just wanted to make sure that this series of issues with EventBrite weren’t introduced by a code change in 4.1.1, which we could confirm via other users.

Gessy, thanks for the complete update you’ve made and for giving your temporary fix.

So far this seems to be an issue with the EventBrite, probably a change in their API that wan’t notified or that we missed. The dev team is actively working on this issue and we hope to have some more news to share in the upcoming days.

Thanks for the patience while we work on this,
    Best,
    Nico

centrinet
    Participant

I just purchased the eventbrite plug in, i do not have the eventbrite ticket information on the event page.

Nico

Hi @Centrinet,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

As stated above we are looking into these issues right now and we hope to have an update soon.

Just to make sure we on the same page: Have you gone through the New User Primer: Eventbrite Tickets, configured the plugin and having troubles with the sync?

Thanks once again for the patience,
    Best,
    Nico

centrinet
    Participant

Yes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket box not showing up on front end / Option missing from backend’ is closed to new replies.