Thumbnails not showing in list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Thumbnails not showing in list view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gagensociety
    Participant

I added the function code: add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’, array(‘post’, ‘page’, ‘tribe_events’) );

and that doesn’t seem to work. I still get a date box on the left side of my listing.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

The function you used gives you the possibility to add a featured image to posts, pages and events. However, you don’t need to use it, since by default, you can already attach a thumbnail image to any event.

In order to achieve what you want (show thumbnails on a list view), you need to customize the Events Calendar’s template files. Please read our Themer’s Guide for more information about how to do this.

In your case, you’ll probably want to copy the file in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php to /your-theme/tribe-events/list/single-event.php (replace /your-theme with the actual folder name of your theme, of course). Then you can edit that file to display the event’s thumbnail image.

If you’d rather have someone do that tweak for you, we can give you a list of freelancers.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

gagensociety
    Participant

I have Events calendar pro and need the thumbnail showing in the list view.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I had a look at your website, it seems that you would like to modify the Events List widget, and not the List View. Well, in order to do that, you may create in your child theme the following folders: /tribe-events/pro/widgets/modules/.

Then, inside the modules folder, you can add the following php file (unzip it before you add it to your child theme): single-event.php.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Thumbnails not showing in list view’ is closed to new replies.