the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    catrose937
    Participant

Hey Barry,
    I knew this was a potential problem when I posted this. My problem is not with you. You are absolutely right – you tried to help me.. But right now I am in between a rock and a hard place. The themers say it is not their problem.. the plugins say it is not their problem. I am stuck in the middle of code with no idea where to go.. trying to find a solution. I go on this forum site today and see in great big Yellow on the top of the forum a post from a year ago about how it is not up to Modern tribe to assist with theme based problems. It is right up on top – and I see people with the same error message in other posts being told the same as me – go to the theme creators. I am a developer. I dont give up. I had to find a solution. This is not about you. It is about Modern Tribe – I was dissappointed because I know I purchased it because it was a great product with what appeared to be great support. I figured with the kind of docs I saw I would get help if I needed it, but in the end, you had to pass it off to the Theme – because that is how it is done. And I am left here with no answers. I would think with multiple people with the same problem, there would be some incentive to know what code was getting squashed. Do we know it is polyfilling? Not sure. Did you do your best – Yes I absolutely believe you did and I see you trying repeatedly with individuals trying to do your best(I have been pouring through these posts trying to gleem some kind of understanding of what is going on). You seem to be the man on the front lines and I appreciate it. It simply as a business model does not make sense to me. Do you know the themes specific code – no.. Does the theme creator know your code – no.. So, where does that leave me? That is my point.
    But I will say Barry, that after pouring through threads I know you are doing your best every day. I apologize for insulting you in any way, It was not my intention, although I knew it was a possibility.
    I simply would like to understand how to correct the problem without having to disable the functions and redirecting links that make no sense.

catrose937
    Participant

PS.. Please know.. I worked hard to get it as functional as possible because I obviously believe you have a superior product. I just wish I could use it as per the design.. But it is by far the best most thorough event calendar I could find, and I looked hard. Because it will be the backbone of our site – which is why I really wish I could use the full functionality

Barry

I certainly didn’t see your post as an insult and we welcome any feedback like this, it’s important we continue to build our understanding of your and all our customers’ needs and expectations. Really I only wanted to communicate our own position and I can definitely see that this in a way puts you between a rock and a hard place.

These situations can sometimes be painted as a conflict with theme vendors on one side and plugin vendors on the other. I don’t think that’s really the case and I’m sure most vendors in this sector strive to make their work compatible with an otherwise stock installation of WordPress and follow best practices to the best of their ability – at the point where additional components are pulled in (and potentially conflict) however I think the responsibility, certainly where the plugin or theme price point is similar to ours, really has to shift to the person doing the integration.

With all that said, this isn’t a blame game and again I just want to be sure you understand that we genuinely strive to do all that we reasonably can.

At any rate, looking at your site it seems you have disabled the event search bar: is that a solution/workaround you are happy with here?

catrose937
    Participant

No it is not something I am happy with, but it allows us to operate with the best calendar we could find. I have had absolutely no response from the theme group. They honestly barely answer the posts. I do not have the time right now to go as indepth into the code as I would need to. So we have a work around that allows us to operate. We are in beta testing, and I will hopefully be able to get the site set (for now) and find a way to get the search going.. I know from what I have read that your code does not work as well with permalinks.. and we use permalinks.. which we are in too deep to change now.. so it may be a long term issue.. if I can get the events to work in the post search (which I will try to do) on the website, we will have an acceptable workaround.. I understand it is up the integrator to make these changes.. which is why I chose your calendar.. most places do not document and your stuff is so well documented, I knew it would be a huge positive for us. I have been working 15-18 hour days for three weeks now and am getting a little frustrated.. but it is not your fault and the nature of the business..

Barry

I think many of us can relate to your final comment 🙂

Again, sorry we can’t do more here on this occasion – and with that being the case I’ll go ahead and close this thread. However, please do feel free to post new threads any time you have further specific questions (or hit bugs etc) that we might be able to help with.

Thanks again,

Barry

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view’ is closed to new replies.