the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    catrose937
    Participant

We have just installed the Event calendar pro.. I have found that when we attempt to change the view the word ‘search’ is defaulting into the search field and then says it has no events to show..

Barry

Hi catrose937,

In the first instance can I ask you to post your System Information (which should be available in the Events → Help admin screen)? Can you also confirm that you have tried deactivating all other plugins and have reverted to an unmodified, default theme such as Twenty Twelve? Does that impact on this issue at all?

Thanks!

catrose937
    Participant

ok.. so I deactivated all the plugins and it had no affect.. but when I changed the theme it did have an effect.. but we have done the whole site around the theme.. so what do we do now? we cant just start all over again.

Barry

Hi catrose937: I suspect a Javascript error is breaking things here. Can you go to your theme vendor and ask them to review the following piece of code (it looks like it belongs to the theme rather than a plugin):

wp-content/themes/infographer/js/custom_js.php

The errors in there will need to be fixed before we can go any further (or else please remove that script) – we can then take a second look and see if anything else is impacting, but this would be a sensible starting point 🙂

Thanks!

catrose937
    Participant

Yes, I will contact them and request they take a look at what you have suggested. I know it will be fixable.. just not sure how.. what I can say is that it is somewhat obvious what is going on.. ie – without the theme switching back and forth between views is simple http://www.liivve.com/events/month/ but with the theme the following information is appended into the view:
    http://www.liivve.com/events/month/?tribe-bar-date=Date&tribe-bar-search=Search (where nothing can be found).
    I will happily contact the vendor of the theme today.

catrose937
    Participant

ah.. I just checked what that code is.. it is code we received from Woopra for tracking.. it is input through the theme, but it is not code the theme supplies.. I can just take it out and see if it changes the calendar.. would that be sufficient for testing?

Barry

It’s definitely worth a try in the first instance 🙂

catrose937
    Participant

I took it out and it made no difference.. do I still go to vendor?

catrose937
    Participant

ok.. to be more specific, I removed the code from the theme, the reference to the code (wp-content/themes/infographer/js/custom_js.php) still stayed in the page – so not sure if it made a difference to what you suggested.

Barry

It cleared up that error – but unfortunately it hasn’t resolved this specific problem. There are definitely a few other points in the theme’s script where it is doing some work with placeholders (so it possibly has its own polyfill script, which is used to simulate placeholders and other things in the context of older browsers) – and perhaps this is conflicting.

Can you check in with the vendor and see if they have any suggestions here?

catrose937
    Participant

I had already referred it out to them.. trying to be proactive.. but I included your last comment to help.. hopefully.. we truly love your product – it is everything we need, so we truly hope we can come to a resolution as I see others have had the problem.

Petter
    Participant

I have the same problem in one of my themes. What could be wrong here?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Petter. Thanks for getting in touch.

Though you may have the same symptoms, it’s possible you have a different issue with your site. Please start a new thread so that we can help you troubleshoot.

Thanks for being a TEC user!

catrose937
    Participant

You know, I love your product, and I was amazed at the docs, but I am a little surprised at the support. I had to find a way around this without your assistance really, and I figured you guys would know your code better than me. In addition I have found others with the same exact problem on your boards. And what is offered appears to be no support. I purchased a supported theme, that had passed the standards, and yes when I switched it out to the default theme you test with your product worked. But I guess to me – a company that makes such an amazing product would realize it would not work with all themes. There are a billion ways to code, and a plugin would expect potential conflicts. At least I would think so. I still love the product, just dont get the support style. I would love to think peter who is having a problem will find a solution.. because I know that it made a few days of grinding through this stuff.. I do not feel the problem is fixed in any way, I have just found a way to operate around what is clearly a conflict in code. I truly hope at some point, someone looks at this as an actual problem, but I get from reading the docs online that this is not how Modern Tribe appears to function. Sad Really, I purchased both pro and community to support your group and to ensure I had support in what will be a production environment.

Barry

If you feel we’ve let you down then that’s a shame and I’m sorry – because we absolutely appreciate your support. That said, I don’t feel it’s fair to say we offer what amounts to no support: I took a good look at your site and based on what I saw, coupled with your own feedback, it seemed reasonable to assume that something in the theme – a polyfill script perhaps – wasn’t behaving as expected.

The suggestion to contact and work with your theme vendor was made because I felt that was likely to offer you the quickest path to resolution. After all:

I figured you guys would know your code better than me.

Right, but what we don’t know is your theme’s code and that code is also likely to be highly relevant here. It’s also just one theme out of many and the reality is we will never have intimate knowledge of more than a handful across the team. Again, I’m sorry you feel we let you down – but given the particulars of the situation and of course the fact that our support resources are not infinite I’m not sure how much more we could reasonably deliver here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘the word search is defaulting on the calendar page when changing view’ is closed to new replies.