The List View "Buy Now" button shows as "sold out"

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus The List View "Buy Now" button shows as "sold out"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi

The new(ish) Buy Now button in the calendar List View shows as a non-clickable box saying Sold Out when in fact there are tickets available.

The only notable thing is that this is a free event in Woocommerce (so not an RSVP event), i.e. it has a value of £0.00 (as it’s a launch event). The other events (chargeable) display the Buy Now button perfectly fine.

So I’m wondering if the plugin is taking the fact that there’s nothing to be paid as being some signal of it not being available for purchase?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about an event’s stock being inaccurate on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that I ran some tests and I was not able to reproduce the issue with a free WooCommerce event on a basic WordPress install.

Can you tell me if there were any tickets sold for that event at any point in time ?
    If so, were there any cancelled or deleted tickets along the way ?

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, can you please provide me with a screenshot of the Edit Ticket section of that event.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam,

Thank you for writing back.

It looks like the screenshot did not make it alas. Would you mind sending it again ?

By the sound of it, it sounds like the combination of ticket refund and cancelation caused some kind of perceived stock discrepancy on that event.

To test this theory, you could simply create a free test event very far in the future (so that nobody knows) and see if the issue still arises. If I am correct, that test event will behave correctly.

In other words, it is quite possible that this specific ticket became “corrupted” (as far as stock tracking in concerned).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

Thanks Geoff

Re that article refunding etc – that is what we do. In our case though we do want the ticket to be available for a new customer. So even though free we do refund it, add it back to stock, we then delete it – All of those things are as the article you linked to – including deleting it (because we don’t want customers to check in a ticket they got refunded – in most cases anyway).

However that brings me to my other longstanding ticket with you guys – in that – a deleted ticket still can still be checked in!

Anyway – you can close this one – thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam,

Thank you for writing back.

I am glad you are already following the recommended procedure. I was simply making sure you knew about it 🙂

For the record, another way to hide the ticket without deleting it is to simply put an end sale date matching today or in the past on it.

This has the advantage of being a non-destructive approach.

Thank you for bringing all of these things on our radar. It certainly helps us get better.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The List View "Buy Now" button shows as "sold out"’ is closed to new replies.