The link you followed has expired happens when adding new events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events The link you followed has expired happens when adding new events

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Derek Griffiths.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Derek Griffiths
    Participant

I am having an issue with community events where when you submit an event you get a screen with “The link you followed has expired.” shown on it. I had someone email me and say they tried on a PC and MAC in three different browsers and no luck. My license is good until 9/18/18 so I am at a loss. Can you please help?

Derek Griffiths
    Participant

Also, this doesn’t happen when I am logged in. Only when I am not logged in.

This reply is private.

Derek Griffiths
    Participant

Jamie,
    Thanks for following up.
    Yes, the form works fine and I have it set so people do not have to be a user to post an event. The problem happens when they fill out the form and hit submit.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your explanation.

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Derek Griffiths
    Participant

OK, I tested it out and found that it was the Caching that was causing the problem. So, I removed the calendar pages from the cache and it is now working.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since this issue has been resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘The link you followed has expired happens when adding new events’ is closed to new replies.