The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Seldon
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the pro version of your events calendar and have added an event location and was told to click the “Fix geolocation data” button. I did this but have the error message “The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!” even though I have used a new maps API key, help!

Patricia

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having this problem with Google Maps API. Can you please confirm that you have a Google Map API key enabled in your site?

If your API key is already in place and the issue persists, can you please let us know if your site is hosted in a shared server? I’m asking this because a given web server IP address can only make 20k requests/day and if you are in a shared server this limit is easily reached.

If you have only a few venues and your site is hosted in a shared server, this is probably the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Let me know your answers to these questions and I’ll be glad to help you with the next steps!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Matthew Seldon
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

Yup I’m using the Maps API and yeah I’m guessing that the website is on a
    shared server as it’s hosted in Heart Internet. Please can you advise what
    I can do to get around this issue?

Kind Regards,

Matt

*Matthew Seldon*
    Head of Digital Media

*Webfibre Ltd *

E-mail: [email protected]

Sovereign House
    Sovereign Court

Sterling Drive
    Llantrisant
    South Wales
    CF72 8YX
    T: +44 (0)1443 805511

Co. Reg. No. 09065202

Please Note: The Information contained in this e-mail message may be
    privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law,
    and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above and
    others who have been specifically authorised to receive it. If you are not
    the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
    dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
    prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or if any
    problems occur with transmission, please notify us immediately. Although
    this e-mail message and any attachments are believed to be free from any
    virus or other defect which might affect any system into which they are
    opened or received, it is the responsibility of the recipient to check that
    they are virus free and that they will in no way affect its systems and
    data. No responsibility can be accepted by Riskmonitor Ltd for any loss or
    damage arising in any way from their receipt, opening or use. E&OE.

Patricia

Hi Matthew,

Could you please add the following code in your theme’s functions.php file and let me know if this snippet solves your problem? Don’t forget to add your API key in the appropriate field:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/9d6c25feb389f98e8ae09a41273a3488

We also had a few reports mentioning that switching to a dedicated server IP address solved the problem.

We already have an internal bug report regarding this issue and our developers will take a look at it.

If for some reason the snippet didn’t help you and switching IP address is not an option for you right now, I’d suggest you to set the map individually for each event.

I realize that this is not a great workaround, but it is the only one available in your specific situation until a patch is released.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point, but you will be contacted when the fix is available.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

Just chiming in here. I just started getting this issue today, Oct 30th. I have a dedicated server. I added the code that Patricia supplied and it solved the problem. Thanks!

Wen

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

I tried to edit my response but it gave me a blank page. I thought the code solved the problem but it didn’t. It only solved the issue of the error showing at the top of the event that I was editing. The calendar still appears blank on Chrome, Firefox and my iPad. I also had someone else who doesn’t work on my computer and is on a different IP test it out and she can’t see it either. I got a whole new API Key too.

However, the calendar does appear on the mobile layout but I don’t use my theme for mobile, I use the WPTouch plugin.

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

Oh, another thing I noticed. The map shows on the “map view” on the full calendar page. The map does not show on the single event page

Patricia

Hey Wendy,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while! It’s been really busy in the forums lately, and we’re doing our best to adhere to our Scope of Support / Terms for you and everyone else.

Regarding the issue you had with the snippet shared earlier in this thread, that’s odd! Could you please make sure that you’ve removed the initial PHP opening tag ( <?php ) before adding the code to your functions.php file? Based on the error you described (the calendar is showing blank), I would say this is part of a known issue associated with the release of WordPress 4.8.2: upgrading The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO to their latest versions would help you to solve the problem.

I’ve just accessed your site (connecticutlifestyles) and it is working as expected as I can see from here. If you are still having display problems, please let me know and I’ll be happy to further investigate.

Regarding the map not being displayed on single events, could you please access your Dashboard and head over to Events > Settings > General > Map Settings and make sure that the “Enable Google Maps” option is checked?

Regarding the initial issue associated with Google maps not fetching the latitude and longitude for your venue, are you still experiencing it? If you are, is your site hosted in a shared server?

Last but not the least, could you please open a new thread so we can continue this conversation in a new topic? This way Matthew (who started this thread), won’t receive email notifications regarding the issues associated with your site.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Courtney

Hey there Matthew

We’ve just released an update that should fix this bug. You can read more about it at http://m.tri.be/19tp. Please update your plugins and let us know if you are still experiencing this or if we can close out this ticket.

Note: We suggest testing updates on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Wendy Limauge
    Participant

I had the chance to look at this again and it’s fixed with the new Events Calendar Pro upgrade to Version 4.4.20.1. I did have to go into the theme’s function.php file and remove the code you gave above for it to work though. The map is showing now.

Patricia

Hi Wendy,

Glad to hear that our latest release fixed the issue for you as well!

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps’ is closed to new replies.