The Gherkin

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets The Gherkin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to run an event at The Gherkin in London. It’s quite a famous building, but the Events Calendar doesn’t seem to be able to find it.

The first issue that I had was that putting in the whole address of the building:
    30 St Mary Axe
    London
    EC3A 8EP

Results in no Google Map displaying on the page. Oddly, the link to the Google Map works fine, it just doesn’t embed a map. In order to fix this, I just removed the ’30 St Mary Axe’ from the address field, which then makes the embedded map display without any issues, so that’s great.

However, when I’m trying to add a ticket to EventBrite, it says:
    “We were unable to sync your event to Eventbrite. Here’s what happened: No Address for this Venue”

Is there any sort of workaround for this?

Thanks
    Ben

Hunter

Hey Ben,

Greetings from the U.S. and I hope you had a great holiday season! I set up a test event and venue and the Google Map displays correctly with the venue map marker in the correct location. (see screenshot below)

You can see in the screenshot below how I entered the address when creating a new venue for The Gherkin on my test website:

The only difference I notice when moving ‘London‘ from the ‘City‘ to the ‘State/Province‘ field is how it displays on the front end.

Before we proceed, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? Include a link to the event you’re attempting to import from Eventbrite and I’d be happy to see if I can reproduce the behavior.

Keep me updated and have a great evening. Cheers!

Dan
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated!

I’ve been through and checked the testing for conflicts guide, but I’ve not been able to resolve the issue. I’ve also attempted to create a new version of The Gherkin as a venue but still to no avail.

I’m not trying to import from EventBrite, I’m trying to export to it. The event is at http://www.nomisconnections.co.uk/event/introduction-to-video-conferencing/. Would you like me to set you up as a user on the site so you can check it out yourself?

Cheers
    Ben

Hunter

Hey Ben,

We are unfortunately unable to log into customer sites, so please refrain from sending me credentials. I spent some time doing some testing and learned things are definitely finicky in regards to this particular address.

So long as all the venue fields are filled in for The Gherkin on your WordPress website, there shouldn’t be any issues getting an event imported to Eventbrite. Unfortunately, it may take some manual editing once the event gets imported to Eventbrite.

I imported a few events taking place at The Gherkin from Eventbrite into my test WordPress website and got a few different results, one including a blank State/Province field once it was imported into my WP site. So again, it’s hard to really nail down where the breakdown is occurring.

With that said, I’m not exactly sure a bug is present in this case. Sorry I don’t have a workaround for you at this time and let me know if you have any more questions or comments on the matter. Thanks and take care.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The Gherkin’ is closed to new replies.